BLACK RABBIT

swiss.tony

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw 1 this morning, only a few week old, not trying to top anyone but in April driving down a quiet lane in sticks saw 5 young rabbits feeding at side of road, 1 was pure white, looked the same age & size as the rest. 1st time in 40 years I've seen a white 1 that looked truly wild.

I shot a white one once! on closer inspection i noticed it had really short ears, very similar to how a captive bred/pet type rabbit would have. a few days later i saw another white one in the same area and a few black ones... but all with very short ears. so many the come from pet type rabbits that have been released maybe?

ive shot a few over the past couple of years, there was a dingle on my main bit of ground that was full of them infact it was rare to see a normal coloured one, i shot one down there that looked like it was from a pet shop too it was kinda a greeny grey and white i caught it once when it was a baby in the pheasant pen then i used to see it all the time but always left it alone for some reason, then one night with the lamp i accidentally shot him :good: