Must read

Now I am not a military person, Apart from a very short stint as a Surgeon Sub Lieutenant on HMS President in the RNR, but that’s another story.

But I have just read the most brilliant, compelling read for some time. SNIPER ONE by SGT DAN MILLS. You must beg borrow or steal to get a copy of this, Amazon have it going cheap. It is the true account of a sniper group in 2004 in Iraq. its on par with McNabs first book it lays bear what happened in there outpost in Southern Iraq. none of this was reported in the press but what a good job he does in telling their story. There is a bit about the weapons they use as well as gripping accounts of the contacts and life they led.

So in my quest to get a book section on here I give you SNIPER ONE. do yourselves a favor and read it you wont regret it

It gets ten out of ten

:hmm::):good::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :o :P

After reading this you will never mention footballers and the word respect in the same sentence

Cheers Doc

Edited by docholiday

Now I am not a military person, Apart from a very short stint as a Surgeon Sub Lieutenant on HMS President in the RNR, but that’s another story.

But I have just read the most brilliant, compelling read for some time. SNIPER ONE by SGT DAN MILLS. You must beg borrow or steal to get a copy of this, Amazon have it going cheap. It is the true account of a sniper group in 2004 in Iraq. its on par with McNabs first book it lays bear what happened in there outpost in Southern Iraq. none of this was reported in the press but what a good job he does in telling their story. There is a bit about the weapons they use as well as gripping accounts of the contacts and life they led.

So in my quest to get a book section on here I give you SNIPER ONE. do yourselves a favor and read it you wont regret it

After reading this you will never mention footballers and the word respect in the same sentence

Cheers Doc

So when are you posting it to me then??

Magman is getting my copy next, but im sure he will pass it on after. :lol: A darn good read, and not full of heroic tales trying too hard. From what i can gather, its a very true to life book. Having never served, i can only commend these boys after what they have been through, and id **** my pants if put in the same siege situation.

Magman is getting my copy next, but im sure he will pass it on after. :lol: A darn good read, and not full of heroic tales trying too hard. From what i can gather, its a very true to life book. Having never served, i can only commend these boys after what they have been through, and id **** my pants if put in the same siege situation.

I am with you on the pants issue.

I gave my copy to my brother in law so ill see if i can get my hands on it and if anyone lives near Colne/Burnley lancs ill lend it to you.

MM would you mind if I bagsy it after Rob has finished :lol:

• 2 months later...

I am reading it now, about 20-30 pages to go, I can also say that it's quite good :good:

There is alot of him talking with himself in the book, showing you what he was thinking and things like that.

It also describes their contacts and things like that really well, it also talks about how they killed people from the roof without them realising and things like that.

Steve