Painted the Jimny

chrispti

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started to read this thread I thought I was going to see a right mess but suprised myself by thinking what a good job you made of it an what an improvement it is. Reminded me of one of those old Soviet era military trucks.

I agree. At the moment though they are definitely less hairdresser and more Airsoft don't you think?

Here's a Soviet jeep in a typical pose.....

72073.jpg

And here's the Norfolk boys out in their shooting truck......

MiniArtBantamSoviet.jpg

And the ultimate lamping truck.....

48_Jeep_Willys_MB.jpg

• 8 months later...

my nato green paint finally turned up today, now see how long it takes me to paint it,lol

(only around 8 months lol)

well, just spent around 3 hrs rubbing the shine off the vitara, but sun and car were way to hot to start painting, plus out lamping in a few more hours, so Ill get up in morning, wash the dust off it and start painting, was just going to go with nato green, but missus reckons full DPM, so were give it a go

Edited by stubby

well, started this morning, and got around 3/4's of it done, but again weather way too hot so came indoors for a breather, Im hoping to finish off the green today, inc the cutting in, which is a pain, the add the black later in week, pictures to follow

Edited by stubby

How did you do the windows please, did you literally just paint over them? :hmm:

Pretty much :good:

First I gave them a good clean/degrease, then sprayed them with some black primer from plasti-kote ( http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp%3Faction%3Ddetail%26fh_secondid%3D9254058%26fh_location%3D//catalog01/en_GB/categories%253C%257B9372013%257D/categories%253C%257B9372030%257D/categories%253C%257B9372123%257D/specificationsProductType%3Dspray_paints%26tmcampid%3D4%26tmad%3Dc%26ecamp%3Dcse_go%26CAWELAID%3D266948567&usg=AFQjCNHAuaSQAsVqlUqgUDfQN4z0zjdIqw&ei=m5m1Te6eBMu5-QaTzd23Cw&sa=title&ved=0CBsQgwgwADgA )

After that dried I just rollered over it with the green.

Just an update on the paint job; its still on there, its very durable and hasnt faded at all :good:

Edited by chrispti

well, started this morning, and got around 3/4's of it done, but again weather way too hot so came indoors for a breather, Im hoping to finish off the green today, inc the cutting in, which is a pain, the add the black later in week, pictures to follow

Rubbing down and worst of all cutting in................. I ******* hated doing it :lol:

Look forward to the pics mate :good:

well, not finished, as ended up with sunstroke, but nearly there, just a few bits outside to touch up, plus insides both doors and rear door, should get the black on around thursday/friday

Image0512.jpg

so far Ive only used just under half a tin of two and a half ltrs nato green which cost around £26 from that auction site, and most areas have had two coats, think I'll end up doing the rims black, and the roof rack, along with black bits like on the army motors/tanks etc, so far very impressed with how it looks, and the missus thinks so too, not so hairdresser now :lol:

will also spray black inside the wheel arches

Edited by stubby