Painted the Jimny

chrispti

Don`t laugh. Jayne returned to the car which was parked in a car park yesterday to find two bloody great scratches running the entire length of the nearside. Front and rear wing panels and both doors.

Insurance excess is £250 and the real joke is that we only got the car back a few weeks ago from a £2,000 insurance total respray job for similar damage, but to the other side of the car!

Never rains but it pours.

How do you fancy rollering a Honda CRV in NATO green for your next project?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don`t laugh. Jayne returned to the car which was parked in a car park yesterday to find two bloody great scratches running the entire length of the nearside. Front and rear wing panels and both doors.

Insurance excess is £250 and the real joke is that we only got the car back a few weeks ago from a £2,000 insurance total respray job for similar damage, but to the other side of the car!

Never rains but it pours.

How do you fancy rollering a Honda CRV in NATO green for your next project?

:good:

Thats what she told you was it, she found it like that :good:

The beauty with mine is, if/when I scratch it, I just go to my shed, get the tin of paint out and go over it. :lol:

No excess for me :lol:

Are you sure you haven't upset someone in a previous life :lol:

very nice m8..............camo the bottom half..... door handles down :good:

mark

I have thought about it :lol:

I went pigeon shooting today and just threw an old net over the motor and built my hide around the back. Worked a treat, the birds never flinched or veered off at all :good:

post-11306-1278532503.jpg

One way to mix good old NATO green, is one part bright yellow, and one part black, in case you can't find supplies of what you want nearby. I believe this is how they used to paint the green on old WW2 bombers.

Nice Jimny too btw ;)

Great job that mate, really impresed with it,only truble is that i now want my disco like it, the old girls been around the block a few times and the paintwork is looking real shabby, even the old sunburn (flaking) on the bonnet, so a nice NATO green finish may just be the answer mate, cheers HH

Edited by hedge hunter

• 2 weeks later...

I've only had my Jimny a few months but from the moment I picked it up i've wanted it resprayed. Matt green was always the one, after seeing the Offroad Armoury Jimny, but now yours is like that I may have to go matt black! :hmm: (don't want to be a copycat :look: )

I'm not bothered about having a go myself, but I don't know how to get the damned graphics off mine?

Your Jimny looks AWESOME now. :good:

Edited by J Mc

I've only had my Jimny a few months but from the moment I picked it up i've wanted it resprayed. Matt green was always the one, after seeing the Offroad Armoury Jimny, but now yours is like that I may have to go matt black! :sneaky2: (don't want to be a copycat :shifty: )

I'm not bothered about having a go myself, but I don't know how to get the damned graphics off mine?

Your Jimny looks AWESOME now. :yes:

Why not matt black, then hold a few leafy tree branches over the motor, then spray green over the branches?

Should leave a nice tree / camo pattern :shifty:

I started reading this post when it first went up with interest, had often thought of painting my vitara green, getting rid of the hairdresser red :good:

but there was lots of clunks,rattles,thuds,bangs,whines,etc coming from the underside of car, this stopped me from planning anything, as I was half expecting it to blow up,

well yesterday I found out what the problem was, when the rear propshaft fell off :good::yes:

source a 2nd hand one from a breakers down the road, and fitted it this morning, well the vitz drives like a newish car, not a sound, and gear changing is no longer clunky (dunno why that should get better) :(

so, next job, apart from monthly inspection of underside of motor, will be to sand it down and paint it nato green :P

Right that's it.

At the weekend all the bits are coming off and i'm going to try and get the graphics off. Then the matt black paint is on order.

Maybe then people will stop laughing at my car :D

I started reading this post when it first went up with interest, had often thought of painting my vitara green, getting rid of the hairdresser red :lol:

but there was lots of clunks,rattles,thuds,bangs,whines,etc coming from the underside of car, this stopped me from planning anything, as I was half expecting it to blow up,

well yesterday I found out what the problem was, when the rear propshaft fell off :P:D

source a 2nd hand one from a breakers down the road, and fitted it this morning, well the vitz drives like a newish car, not a sound, and gear changing is no longer clunky (dunno why that should get better) :hmm:

so, next job, apart from monthly inspection of underside of motor, will be to sand it down and paint it nato green :good:

Go for it :sly:

When I started to read this thread I thought I was going to see a right mess but suprised myself by thinking what a good job you made of it an what an improvement it is. Reminded me of one of those old Soviet era military trucks.

Was going to say you can get NATO paint off ebay but was beaten to it.

The wife's favourite colour for a car is green. She's at work at the moment and her Golf is parked outside. Now where is that paint roller??