4x4 Road Tax costs

Cosd

Been looking at various 4x4's with a view to get one toward the end of the year. I really like the look of the Mitsubishi Shogun 3 door, 3.2 diesel, and with a little more mileage than average, you can pick up a 5-6 year old one for under £7k.

I want the car for shooting of course, but I also drive 60 miles a day on the motorway to work and back.

I've been keeping an eye on these for a few weeks and everything suited me as far as running costs, petrol, insurance etc. Until last night though I hadn't checked the road tax costs :hmm: Group M means Road Tax is £435 a year on anything registered after March 1 2001.

This was going to be my first 4x4 but I'd feel sick paying that much road tax; Is it me being tight or does anyone else feel the same?

So my options are to look for something else (gutted) or look at cars pre March 2001 in which case they are different model/shape altogether....

Not happy :good:

Paying £ 210 for a 2004 mitsi shogun 3.2 and £200 for a 2004 L200 warrior ( in road tax ).

paying £215 for a 2003 Misti shogun sport 2.5td

So what am I doing wrong guys?

On Autotrader under General, the car is a group "M", look that up on the DVLA website and it says £435. Did the same check using the emisions and same amount came up?:good:

Very confused, but a lot happier if I got it wrong!

Edited by Cosd

Thanks guys!!

It actually costs £245 per year. I had another look at the dvla website and put in a registration of a 2004 car and the right price came up. Further investigation shows that cars between March 2001 and April 2006 are a group K which is £245, 2006 cars are a group M £435. AUtotrader has them all clasified as group M which is incorrect!!

Thanks again guys, Shogun is now back on!!!