Scope rails - what type?

marlin.45

Just picked up a new scope to fit on the rail I have just fitted to the Marlin .22 lever action. It came with mounts but they are the 'std' 11mm type.

The mounting rail is grooved in the same way as an 11mm air/rimfire but had different dims. Widest to 16.15mm and groove to groove is 14.0mm. Anyone have any clues if this is called anything special so I can locate the right mount? :rolleyes:

That’s the 39a, which is the one I have. Mine is 1978 (serial number starts with 222xxxxx). Mine sports the Lyman peep-sight now although I did used to have a scope mounted on it. The rail was a Weaver style rail which needed a set of Weaver mounts. I have used it for rabbits on a couple of occasions but found it a little lacking over 50 yds due to the groups opening up. :rolleyes:

MARLIN.jpg

G.M.

Gems,

Not had a chance to set it up for a good zero yet and should get this sorted out once the scope actually gets fitted. Barrel on this one is shorter and thicker from what I can see but how much difference that makes time will tell once the scope gets fitted.

Attached is an image of the actual scope rail. Not very clear though :rolleyes:

IMG_0022.JPG

Takes a bit of a knack to actuate the lever to clear the spent cases out cleanly.

Cheers,

Paul