subs in a semi

darren m

Darren,

You ask as if it not realy possible to use subsonic cartridges in a semi auto.

If you are going lamping for rabbits, on foot as I do, then subsonics are a must.

I have been using a BRNO CZ511 22lr semi auto with Winchester subsonics for about 15 years now. No problem that a good cleaning every 1000 cartridges won't cure. I did try a lot of brands before I came to the conclusion that Winnies are best for knockdown power, expansion and ease of cycling, in my rifle.

I think you have to match your gun to the cartridges.

:)

Hi Sniper,

Just on the verge on buying a second hand 511 and was wondewring if you had any other tips or comments to make about them. The one that i am buying is £200 with 2 mags, simmons 3-9*40 scope, sling and swivels and is threaded. Does this sound like a good buy ? Also, have been advised to stick to bolt action because of cycling problems but see you've had yours for 15 years. Is the clean every 1000 shots a complete strip down and if so is this hard to do ?

Quick responce would be appreciated as being the impulsive person that i am i'm itching to go and get it now.

Cheers,

Jim.