Pigeon shooting in Northern Ireland

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

few of the pigeons were full of beech nuts
I was out yesterday. Didn't even see a pigeon. Got a longtail for my effort, but it was like someone had switched a light out with the pigeons. They are all on the beech round here, which means they are in the estates. I probably won't see them again until the 2 or 3 week in November. :unsure:

• 1 year later...

Have heard there is a company who will take pigeons and pay a nominal amount, minimum of 25 birds, they operate around the lough shore area. Have not used them yet but has anyone heard of anyone who would be willing to take them just in case I get the chance of shooting more than I can give to friends.

Hope to get out later today, was watching fields that have been cut yesterday and there was at least 700 corvid on the fields and a fair few pigeons, let's hope they are still there today.

Was out at 4.30 and stopped at 6.30 that included setting up and then clearing up. I shot a total of 50 birds. The jackdaws and crows were coming in in large numbers it was crazy. I had to take the crow decoys in after a while to allow pigeons to come in. I had less than 75 carts with me and ran out. Phoned 3 shooting friends but none of them were contactable at that time. Going again this afternoon with a mate and more carts as there were hundreds of birds in the area although there are lots of fields to feed in.

Also heard last nite of two guys who shot over 300 pigeons on saturday so htere are big bags available in n.ireland.

Hello

We would be very interested to understand more about Pigeon shooting in Ireland for crop protection where high numbers are present via a professional guide or syndicates where pigeon numbers need to be dramatically controlled.

Your information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

SImon

Edited by sye10

Hello

We would be very interested to understand more about Pigeon shooting in Ireland for crop protection where high numbers are present via a professional guide or syndicates where pigeon numbers need to be dramatically controlled.

Your information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

SImon

why?