Can't get any fields to shoot over

woodie 007

Hi everyone went out the last few days to see if i can get any woodpigeon shooting in my local area. Thier is load o birds about but the problem i faced is most of the farms i went to had agreements with guides.

I will say i have no problem with shooting guides and i am not having a go at them at all, we all have to make a living and if you can do it at something we love doing all the better.

What i am saying how do us local lads get some ground if it is all let out to shooitng guides. Now i called a few shooting guides in my area to see if i could get a field for a days shooting and the general cost was £100 per day per gun now that is to much for me to pay.

I just wanted to know has anybody on here faced similar problems or thoughts.

I will just have to keep on trying cheers.

Hi everyone went out the last few days to see if i can get any woodpigeon shooting in my local area. Thier is load o birds about but the problem i faced is most of the farms i went to had agreements with guides.

I will say i have no problem with shooting guides and i am not having a go at them at all, we all have to make a living and if you can do it at something we love doing all the better.

What i am saying how do us local lads get some ground if it is all let out to shooitng guides. Now i called a few shooting guides in my area to see if i could get a field for a days shooting and the general cost was £100 per day per gun now that is to much for me to pay.

I just wanted to know has anybody on here faced similar problems or thoughts.

I will just have to keep on trying cheers.

Join nppc £125 for year wear are you from? :yes:

only to often only recently a farm we have shot over for 30 years;meself 24; sold good portion of land to a farmer not far away. so we asked the farmer

after the barley had been harvested and stubble full of pigeons;were we ok to carry on shooting the land he repliied thinking of starting a syndicate on the land to get some money back because paid a lot of money for that piece of land;we also used to shoot on this farmers land until he wanted silly money just shoot the pigeons and somebody pays him and no doubt same again will happen. main point shot this farm for 30 years and it stops like a car hitting a wall once somebody else takes over.

don;t get me wrong we still have about 6 permissions to go at but we once had about 20 at one point but loseing them to syndicates and horse riding schools. etc etc and we keep asking for permission when we see birds on a farm when passing and getting same response as woodie 007.

woodie 007 put an add in the farmers weekly put some cards in the country wide stores and all the farmers you go and see if they say no get some cards made up and leave them a card you never no keep trying once you have your first place to shoot its some times easyer to get others cus you can get referances from that farm to show to others :good: