New Scope

killer_pigeon

new Swaro scope mounted on my Sako quad ! sorry pics are a bit poor.

Its a 5-30 x 50 with ballistic turret and illuminated reticle. Best scope i ever looked through.

if my eyes ever go wrong i will go to Swarovski to sort them out rather then hospital !!!

Totally awsome scope !!!! :hmm:

post-19033-1280051214.jpg

post-19033-1280051232.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its an ex-display model that came without box, sunshade & instructions. It came as it was with just a bikini cover, cost me £1450. the normal shop RRP is £2045

sneaked it on the gun last night as the other half went out, she wouldnt really notice anything as she has no interest in my shooting but she may notice the credit card bill at end of month, thank goodness for 6 months interest free credit on the card

It came wth full warranty also. i think i will have to invest in a sunshade in case we get any more sun this year !

the clarity at 30mag is something else, it doesnt seem to lose any clarity or contrast all the way up.

The bunnies will get to meet it this evening very briefly

if the guy has a grand and a half to spend on a scope and is in to shooting, then what the hell is the problem its like someone into cars spending money on their car! I imagine you spend to if into shooting spend a similar amount of your earnings on it?! I know if i was lucky enough i would too would buy some nice kit

hahaha so you think spending a g and a half on a small metal tube is the same as spending the same amount on a vehicle to get you from a to b? rediculous argument

you have missed my point, you buy a viechle to get you from A to B that's cheap reliable and does just that or if you are into your cars you buy a nice BMW or what ever floats your boat, same with the scope. i have a cheap Hawke scope on my gun, it works and gets me from A to B but if i could afford to i would buy something a bit posher!

youve just prooved my point, your hawke does the job but youd still get a shiney one, why? to show off to your mates?

if i could i'd buy one too,its not about showing off, its about having the best gear you can afford, having a better scope allows you to shoot longer shots safely and allows you too shoot for more hours of the day as it will be clearer and transmit more light than a cheap scope, when it comes to rifle scopes you get what you pay forand he has one of the best you can buy

its nice and compact for its magnification, best of luck with it,

by the way where did you get it if you dont mind me asking as i'm on the look out for a good quality scope for a rifle that i will hopefully be buying

Edited by ormondprop

Why are you moaning about a guy spending his own money on something he wants? I don't earn much money out of a career choice, but if I was still in my old job I'd have bought myself something pretty like this. There's no substitute for quality

course theres a touch of jelousy you absoulte genius, i hate rich people cos they have more money than me, and spend it on ridiculous things like 1500 pound scopes when theres people that need it so much more than all the rich toffs out there, im not afraid to admit it, stop arguing and ******* donate to jack01s charity!!!

Hahaha,

You lot getting all fussy over a scope, but you've got a few grands worth of guns in your cabinets.

It's no different to buying a £1,500 shotgun (cheap one, at that)

Optics are key and unfortunately something I need to start upgrading.

Can i just clarify, its not just a case of spending £1450 in one swoop, since i started rifle shooting last year my scope history went as follows :-

1. 2nd hand Richter optics 3-9 x 50 . sold it on for £20 profit

2. new Hawke 3-9x50 endurance, sold it on for £20 profit

3. 2nd hand battered and bruised Hawke Varmint off nick beardo on here 6-25x50, sold it for £10 profit

4. 2nd hand BSA scope 6-25x50 came on a air-rifle i bought of here but was bent like a banana, sold it for £30 profit with med & hi mount to compensate

5. 2nd hand Weaver 5-16 x 40 scope, sold it for £70 profit

6. 2nd hand Tasco 6-24 x 50 i bought off here, sold for £30 profit

7. 2nd hand Leupold 3-12x 40 i bought of les on this group, sold it for £30 profit

8. 2nd hand Nikon 5-20x44 monarch sold it on for £100 profit.

9. 2nd hand Leupold 5-25x50 VXIII LR, sold it on for £350 profit

10. 2nd hand Leupold custom EFR 20-40 sold it for £150 profit.

11. 2nd hand Schmidt 8x56 sold it for £150 profit

12. 2nd hand Lightstream 5-20x50, sold on for £100 profit

In total i made £1060 profit just through selling scopes over the last year. I bought them, enjoyed trying them then moved onto the next best one I could afford. :)

yes i do have a severe problem regarding scopes i think its scope-o-mania or something, i just love them and cannot get enough of good quality optics. :good:

2 people let me down for buying Swaro's under £1000 mark recently so i saw this one at CLA yesterday for £600 less then RRP and once i looked through it the first time I couldnt put it down. IMHO the Germans and Austrian's dominate the market with their high quality glass. This scope i will now keep and not change for anything else although i could probably sell it tomorrow for a couple hundred more then I paid for it.

I am not a snob or rich quite the opposite, but the scope quite literally cost me £390 with all my wheeler dealings and past profits. I didnt post this to show off but was very proud of the purchase and wanted to share my new toy. Once i looked throught the Schmidt and Swaro i couldnt go back to a Hawke or Tasco, the difference was incredible, especially on high mag with HMR.

I use my rifles a lot, at least twice a week for target and bunny bashing so will get regular use of the scope. I dont smoke anymore, cant afford to drink anymore with pub prices like they are so i dont have many vice's. Plus i am a walking encyclopeadia of rifle scope knowledge now with my wise experience over the last year.

He bought it on a credit card mate so he could spread the payments. Rich people don't need to spread payments.

I work 4 on 4 off and will be working the 4 off soon to make sure I have enough money. If you want things, you have to work for them.

What's this charity about?

Oh and further to the car vs scope argument.

I have a watch which I paid £3,500 for. I could have just bought a £20 one, but this is special to me. It's something I will keep and treasure.

People don't just buy things to show off, it's to know that you own something that's worth the price tag that's on it.

course theres a touch of jelousy you absoulte genius, i hate rich people cos they have more money than me, and spend it on ridiculous things like 1500 pound scopes when theres people that need it so much more than all the rich toffs out there, im not afraid to admit it, stop arguing and ******* donate to jack01s charity!!!

how do you know he is rich are you a genius aswell