Daughters Christmas present.

Cranfield

In what way is a 10 year old girl "not ready for such a weapon"?

Surely, early introduction in a controlled manner, teaching respect and awareness of weapons, is a good thing.

My friend's Daughter will use the weapon within the 350 acres that he owns and at their local range, where children (and adults) of all ages receive professional tuition.

She will also never be using this weapon without her Father's supervision, he is a very capable and responsible shooter of rifles, shotguns and bows.

Note, it is also the "Youth" model and is sized accordingly.

theres nothing wrong with a 10 year old useing a rifle of any size if training is given,i see it all the time when in the usa,over here and over there, you get bad and good guys,on the farm over there the young kids use them all the time good luck to them its not like this nanny state. thank god.

In what way is a 10 year old girl "not ready for such a weapon"?

Surely, early introduction in a controlled manner, teaching respect and awareness of weapons, is a good thing.

My friend's Daughter will use the weapon within the 350 acres that he owns and at their local range, where children (and adults) of all ages receive professional tuition.

She will also never be using this weapon without her Father's supervision, he is a very capable and responsible shooter of rifles, shotguns and bows.

Note, it is also the "Youth" model and is sized accordingly.

I just feel a .243 is a lot of calibre for a 10 year girl, to my mind an air rifle or maybe a .22 rimmy is enough to get started with.

I am all for early introduction and teaching respect and safe gun handling. I have an 11 year old son myself and know how important this is.

Glad to see the kid has the opportunity to use her new rifle in the appropriate places.I wish them well.

if a youngster is bought up with firearms and taught to respect them then i can see no problem at all,in fact the youngsters i come into contact with via my shooting seem to be more responsble and better adjusted people than a lot of the adults i know outside of the shooting fraternity imho.