Hushpower .410 recording?

chriminator

Ok folks. Well i've heard many reviews and peoples comments on a hushpower .410, but is there any media with comparisons of them? i would like to hear one before i buy one. is there anyone out there in the norfolk area with one? any help much appreciated.chris w

Edited by chriminator

I've got a hushpower 20 bore.

Its about as noisy as an air rifle but you have to wrap the moderator cos it rings after the shot has passed.

It looks like a cannon though. The Moderator is about 2" in diameter and the full length of the barrel so it scares the willies out of the general public if they see you carrying it.

I should also mention that if you sight down the barrel when you shoot, you're going to start missing underneath because of its diameter.

Its based on a Perdetti I think and I have a soulderstrap and hook under an old Barbour. I break the gun which folds nearly in half and hang it under my armpit with the coat flapping open. That works quite well. :)

If you wanted to send me a mobile number by PM, I could try and send you a recording of its noise.

Otherwise you could get in touch with Saddlerey and Gunroom of Biggin Hill, Kent. They sell them and they have a website. They might do a recording for you.

I've a 12g Hushpower which I use for bunnying at the inlaws riding centre. With subsonic shells it's about the same noise as my cheap & nasty springer air rifle without mod.

I've shot with Wacker's 410 Hushpower too & theres very little difference in its noise & mine from the shooting end that is - we didn't try & compare from the sharp end.

There is a major difference in the size though - the 410 is a bit more than the diameter of a 12g single barrel, whereas the 12g is about 2" across.

Not sure what the 410 is choked at but the 12g is full, despite this I managed a resonable score at the local clay ground with it, albeit with lots of banter about the 'cannon' I was wielding!

If no one else manages a recording in the meantime I'll try & do something at the weekend.

I bought mine from Saddlery & Gunroom.

They've got a flield out the back and let me go out there with the 20 & the 12g accompanied of course ;)

I shot both first and then made the chap shoot them while I walked 50 & 100 yards down the field to get an idea of what they sounded like.

You do get a bit of an echo fr4om the buildings and the woodland but they do what it says on the box, they are very quiet.

You do realise that you have to use subsonic cartridges to get the best effect and that this will effect your choice of loads and such?

>do saddelry and gunrooms still do them , hush power make , i think

I am not local to them though :)

Nowhere near me sells .410 subsonic carts :s

>--what do they sound like with non sub sonics?

Those being normal cartridges.... Louder :D