12v battery charger

blade

Hi,

People use various sizes of battery. What is the AH rating of yours?

The usual lamping battery charger from Deben is 8oo mA rated and as said if you put that on a common 1.2 AH battery you'll be buying another after the weekend! If you have that size battery, it's best not exceed a 300 mA charge. I have had 2 for over 10 years with that charge rate and only now are they starting to fade. It really is a case of make haste slowly.

Cheers

A question for those in the know.....

I have a large (sealed) pigeon magnet battery that I think originally came from the UK Shootwarehouse. I bought a small charger with it, but have lost it.

Can I charge my magnet battery with a standard (12V) car battery charger?

I have a large (sealed) pigeon magnet battery that I think originally came from the UK Shootwarehouse. I bought a small charger with it, but have lost it.

Yes you can do it; but not for long; then you will need a new battery.

Don't forget that webber sells batteries.

webber

Hi,

Is there nothing stamped anywhere on the battery to indicate its electrical size, a number followed by AH is usual? If said battery is, say, 7AH and is flat, a DIY car battery charger will shove in about 4 amps and the battery won't particularly like it or last long.

Hi,

Is there nothing stamped anywhere on the battery to indicate its electrical size, a number followed by AH is usual? If said battery is, say, 7AH and is flat, a DIY car battery charger will shove in about 4 amps and the battery won't particularly like it or last long.

dont charge sealed lead acid (pb) with a car charger it will wreck them will initialy charge but cannot detect peak charge to cut out if you go to a model shop try modellers world in hornchurch they do them for £10 wall type plug in that are specifically for sealed (pb ) type batteries the type that is used in alarm panels 12v 7 amp hour i use this to charge all my batteries hope this helps also they are open sundays pete

Thanks for the info chaps.

Do you think this charger would be ok for a magent / burglar alarm type battery:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Silverline-12V-Trick...=item439e127dfe

Ebay item 290414820862 if the link doesn't work.

Cheers all.

hi mungler wouldnt chance it for another £5 GO TO MODELLERS WORLD ore phone them on 01708630633 could pick you one up if your not to far from grays pete

Anybody got any recomendations for a fast 12v battery charger to use on my pigeon magnet batteries please

got the deben one that comes with the lamps you buy but its not very quick

hi i dont have a magnet but i use a 12v 7ah battery for my lamp at work and they have a charger ( the larger version of ur mobile phone type) plugs directly inot mains outlet. this charger is 230v-240v input 12v dc out @1.25 amps. is this any good to you as i am sure i have another one in my shed. if the tech guys on this forum say its ok then i wil post to you no charge

regards

geoff

Thats a great offer if the tec fellows says it will be ok :good:

that charger sounds ok rule of thumb is a maximum of one fith charge rate ie 10ah 2amps max if you divide the charging rate into ah it will give you the charge time from flat (roughly )ie a 1000mah output charging a 10 ah battery will take 10 hrs if you want to work out how long your battery will last divide watts (50)by volts (12v)=aprrox 4amps so a 10ah battery would last 2.5hrs providing your battery is holding a full charge basic ohms law not telling any one how to suck eggs might help some out pete

that charger sounds ok rule of thumb is a maximum of one fith charge rate ie 10ah 2amps max if you divide the charging rate into ah it will give you the charge time from flat (roughly )ie a 1000mah output charging a 10 ah battery will take 10 hrs if you want to work out how long your battery will last divide watts (50)by volts (12v)=aprrox 4amps so a 10ah battery would last 2.5hrs providing your battery is holding a full charge basic ohms law not telling any one how to suck eggs might help some out pete

cheers for the info, well i can confirm i have one, so blade if u whana pm me ur name and home addy i will try and get in post tomorrow for u

regards

geoff

• 2 weeks later...