Browning B325 V's Browning GTi

Marcus

I am in the market for a new gun.

I would like to have your opinions on these two guns please (I am a novice, so dont really know if there is any real difference)

B325 Grade 3 30" M/C - serail number ends in PN - not sure what year this is

Browning GTi 28" M/C - serial number ends in NW which I was told was 1994

Both same price. There is lovely wood on the GTi, which is swaying it for me at the moment unless I hear to the contrary.

So, whats what guys?

Thanks

I have owned both, which are basically the same gun. I have also owned quite a few Brownings and Mirokus, but the GTi was the best handling of the lot.

PN is 1989

In 1975 Browning standardized its serial number identification which it follows to the present day.

1. Serial Number

beginning with 01001

at the start of each year.

2. Date of Manufacture

is a two digit code Z=1

Y=2

X=3

W=4

V=5

T=6

R=7

P=8

N=9

M=0

Hi. My wife uses a Browning GTi 28", she shoots very well with it :shoot: . I have also used it quit a bit and have to say it is a superb gun.

Hers is a 1992 and in stunning condition :wub: .

Can't comment on the B325 as have never used one.

Thanks, thats another tick in the box for the GTi

Had a 325 grade 3 a lot of years ago,absolutely loved it,but had to sell it due to financial troubles.If the GTI has nicer wood then personally I would go for that (BUT ONLY IF IT FITTED ME BETTER!).If I remember rightly I think the GTI was back-bored,supposedly meaning better patterns and softer recoil,but I could be wrong there....ask your dealer.Good luck. :shoot:

GTI. I so wish I never sold mine a few years back.

your up early after a night on the lash....

As said before go for the one that fits you best, ask if you can try both, (depending if the shops are on a ground or have a range out back)

shaun

your up early after a night on the lash....

As said before go for the one that fits you best, ask if you can try both, (depending if the shops are on a ground or have a range out back)

shaun

Have to agree with this but if fit wasn't a factor i would go for the GTI all day long :shoot:

Thanks for all the responses.

I just picked up the GTi. Gun fit was good and it does have very nice wood.

However, I just got it home and it is shorter than my 28" Medalist. :blink: It was sold as a 28" gun.

Does anyone know if they did a 26" in the GTi, cant find any info on the web.

Does this mean it is worth less if it is a 26" as demand I presume would be less than say for a 28 / 30" gun

Measuring barrel length - is it just the length of the barrel once the gun is broken?

Edited by Marcus

If it was advertised as a 28" gun,and you're not happy with the 26" it actually is,then you are perfectly within your rights to return it.Personally it wouldn't bother me as I don't shoot many clays nowadays,but the fashion these days seems to be for longer barrels.As a game gun it would be ideal in my opinion.

Does anyone know if they did a 26" in the GTi, cant find any info on the web.

Does this mean it is worth less if it is a 26" as demand I presume would be less than say for a 28 / 30" gun

Measuring barrel length - is it just the length of the barrel once the gun is broken?

Could it be a 27.5" or is it a 26" Skeet gun? MC or Fixed? If it shoots well and you break more clays does it matter?

I assumed you were looking at 30" guns rather than 28"

On a side note a mate has 32" 525 and can't get it in his cabinet without taking the chokes (extended inv+) out!

Edited by HDAV

Quite right, if I break more clays it wont matter.

Would a 26" be worth much less?

Not sure rarer certainly, been looking at 26" prices for the missus to use, new very little difference S/H if someone wants a 26" they will pay for it i guess like LH you get less as PX but they sell for more, skeet guns often 26" Miroku did/do a few 26" browning's aren't cheap but most seem to be Belgian Game guns (B25/26) rather than Trap/clay no other 26" Gti on guntrader, but doesnt mean they never made one, could always swap it for the 30" GTi

Edited by HDAV

Not sure rarer certainly, been looking at 26" prices for the missus to use, new very little difference S/H if someone wants a 26" they will pay for it i guess like LH you get less as PX but they sell for more, skeet guns often 26" Miroku did/do a few 26" browning's aren't cheap but most seem to be Belgian Game guns (B25/26) rather than Trap/clay no other 26" Gti on guntrader, but doesnt mean they never made one, could always swap it for the 30" GTi

I think I will stay with what I have got for now (as long as it means I wont loose too much money when I sell it on) I really like the wood on this one, its exceptional.

Thanks HDAV

I have seen a lot of GTi's with black actions, this one is standard with quite nice engraving.

The wood is quite dark, good figure and contrast. I will clean the wood and apply some oil which should improve the contrast quite nicely. Its a 1994 gun, clean as a whistle, apparently the guy that owned it has not used it in the last 10 years.....mint.

Quite excited now to get out with it later this week and miss some more clays!

The wood is quite dark, good figure and contrast. I will clean the wood and apply some oil which should improve the contrast quite nicely. Its a 1994 gun, clean as a whistle, apparently the guy that owned it has not used it in the last 10 years.....mint.

Quite excited now to get out with it later this week and miss some more clays!

I dont like the black actions too 80's for me, I personally think gun shops are worse than used car pitches, every gun is equivalent of "one careful lady owner" even it was george digweeds spare gun and had 30k carts through it!

Looks lovely tho mate, hope it improves your shooting! :balloon:

V.nice wood..looks similar to my 101.

What a lovely looking gun.... :blink:

It will have the barrel length stamped on the barrels when you open it...generally left hand side alongside either "invector" or "invector plus"

shaun

Thanks for your comments.

After all my flapping last night about barrel length, when I was cleaning / oiling the woodwork tonight I indeed saw the stamp that said 28" - I even measured the barrels this mornng as it was playing on my mind and didnt think to look on the barrel.

I also noticed when I took off the forend, that there are 2 brass bars either side of the barrel - I guess these were put there to aid with balance by the previous owner ?