ABC anyone

Me and a freind saw one after an evening bunnybashing one summer evening last year. We spotted it leaping across the road in front of us up a 4 foot bank, it left paw marks that very much match the description of big cats. My friend also spotted another a couple of weeks ago.

Pretty scary things.

Ha you'll be claiming to have seen Black Shuck next! :good:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on my way to a job early one morning, about 06:30, i was driving over an ofset crossroads. As i went over i noticed a big cat in the field on my left. I stopped and it stopped and we stared at each other for about five seconds then it bolted off towards a hedge, it was about 100 yards away. I had no knowledge of any cat sightings near me in West Sussex, apart from the beast of bodmin etc.

When i got home i told my wife and I Googled big cat pictures, when the first page came up i immediately identified the cat as a Puma. Its headshape, ears, colouring etc. I looked up sightings of Pumas and to my shock about six months previous there were sightings of Pumas not far from where i saw it. There was also information of damage to posts caused from scratching that had been positively identified by an animal expert as coming from a big cat. The posts were on a farm near to where sheep had been injured, these injuries were also confirmed as highly likely to have come from a big cat.

I know what I saw. 100% believe it was a big cat. However, i dont really mention it as when i do, people just crack up laughing.....

i saw a big cat on a nights lamping with another pw member, it was across a vally and the eyes lit up when in the lamp and looked very foxy. i sat down, set up the bi-pod and the lamp was swithched on i found the target and to my surprise it was jet black and larger than a fox and moved in a way which was not similar to a fox but as you would expect a big cat to walk in. i watched it walk along a hedge up the valley and into a small wood at the top and we left it at that and both confirmed each others thoughts that this was a big cat. another shooter who shoots this particualar land which is about 10 miles or so from exmoor national park, has also confirmed a sighting to but like a lot of you said when you tell people they laugh and you feel like a right yarn spinner, but hey i knew what i saw.

• 2 weeks later...
I have seen big black cats, twice and in different parts of the midlands, but I never run around telling people, cause I dont want to be classed as a nutter. But I know what I (we ) saw.

But , and this is a big but... why has a body never been found, lots of sheep etc, but never a cat.

Now I am sure that if you spent your life in the hills you would from time to time find dead animals. Old or injured that have lain down to die of even old age, but never a big cat.

The car must be the biggest killer of all wildlife, with no respect for size or age.Every thing from red stags, badgers, rabbits, rats and mice are mown down in their thousand every year but still no BIG CATS.

Having said all of this, I KNOW WHAT I SAW AND IT WAS NO MOGGY.

Happy hunting.

Clynt

• 3 weeks later...
I have seen big black cats, twice and in different parts of the midlands, but I never run around telling people, cause I dont want to be classed as a nutter. But I know what I (we ) saw.

But , and this is a big but... why has a body never been found, lots of sheep etc, but never a cat.

Now I am sure that if you spent your life in the hills you would from time to time find dead animals. Old or injured that have lain down to die of even old age, but never a big cat.

The car must be the biggest killer of all wildlife, with no respect for size or age.Every thing from red stags, badgers, rabbits, rats and mice are mown down in their thousand every year but still no BIG CATS.

Having said all of this, I KNOW WHAT I SAW AND IT WAS NO MOGGY.

Happy hunting.

Clynt

i thought they supposedly go into there holes/warrens/whatever you call em, to die!? ???

maybe they dont really go near roads, or are so quick that they can get out of the way faster than other animals, maybe they have better senses and are able to avoid being hit!? :yes:

or maybe there isnt any!?

to be honest i have seen things that i wasnt sure about but i have mistaken a cat for a fox, a rat for a rabbit etc...its amazing what tricks your eyes play on you after 2 hours of looking through the scope and through the windscreen at pairs of eyes in a beam of light..

i'd like to think that they are out there, but i arent sure!

I am afraid I am a non believer even more so after talking to the warrener the other day for those that don't no Pat he has been a professional rabbit and fox controller on Dartmore for over fifty years and he has never even seen a glimpse of a big cat no prints no other sighs he is probably on the moor more than any other person at all times of the day and night. If they were out the there would have been a clear photo by now what with stealth cams and digital cameras every where. ???

He is too busy nicking peoples dogs! Ha Ha!

i saw a big cat on a nights lamping with another pw member, it was across a vally and the eyes lit up when in the lamp and looked very foxy. i sat down, set up the bi-pod and the lamp was swithched on i found the target and to my surprise it was jet black and larger than a fox and moved in a way which was not similar to a fox but as you would expect a big cat to walk in. i watched it walk along a hedge up the valley and into a small wood at the top and we left it at that and both confirmed each others thoughts that this was a big cat. another shooter who shoots this particualar land which is about 10 miles or so from exmoor national park, has also confirmed a sighting to but like a lot of you said when you tell people they laugh and you feel like a right yarn spinner, but hey i knew what i saw.

Why didn't you shoot it then?

A friend of mine shot a Lynx about 20 years ago, took lots of photos of the carcass, swore us all to secrecy because he wasn't sure of the possible outcome. I've never seen anything of the sort whilst I've been out and as previously stated the light and mind can play funny tricks, but I know that at least one Lynx was on the loose back then, so wouldn't completely dismiss the possibility of there being something else... always thought it funny though, that everyone seems to see black panthers ............. seen a few pink ones myself late on a friday night but never a black one

leaden roading my cousin saw it on an old cow farm my girlfriend saw a big black cat near newport i saw it near high roading

just found this http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...y-in-Essex.html

that thing doesnt look very big to me!

looks like a normal run o the mill moggy.... domesticated cats do come in black

Edited by TJ91

Library pictures...come on guys, where's the proof, a dead animal verified as a BIG cat of the puma, panther variety NOT an over fed moggy AND even then 'one swallow does not a summer make'!. One dead wild animal does not signify a sustainable population living wild in the UK. Let's get real and go back to looking for Elvis on the moon! it's more likely. :good:

The prints in the first set of photos look identical to my german sheperd,only his are bigger and you do not always get prints of his claws if he is only walking and on soft mud,in the winter in slush etc the claws are visable then,i do believe there are big cats out there,pity someone doesnt do a proper report of detailed sightings.

I know what others mean about being laughed at,i have been within 5' of an australian king brown snake whilst walking in a wood........####ing c##### myself,it came slithering along the track straight at me,it was about 8' long and as thick as my wrist,it was only at the last minute when it was about 5' away did raise its head about 2' off the ground and slithered in to some tree roots on the otherside of the path,no to this day believes me,and they all take the ### when it gets mentioned,saying it was an adder :good: ,i saw this snake in bramford suffolk.

Hello everyone just read all the reports on big cat sightings dont you think there enough hound packs out there and gun packs that should have noticed a big cat.

no one will report it if they shoot it because it wont be on there fac look at the fella with the polar bear cross grizzly and the greive he got if you shot that over here you would swing imagine what the bunny brigade would have to say

• 5 weeks later...

Ok people lets just stop and take count of this, everyone breath, in, out, in out.....

People believe what they want to see, im not getting into the i know what i saw argument etc

I work in a job where people will swear on their lifes what they have seen, its not until after you explain to them what happened that they understand and say "ah yes it could have been that" meaning yes i was wrong!!

If anyone did get good, yes thats good video/photos of it then i would be happy to take a look. I used to live in Africa and have tracked many animals inc cats with some of the best trackers, they live there and they lived and hunted in their back garden!!

The thing that everyone keeps on about is, they were let go 15+years ago, why has no one ever found a dead one or a carcase???

Edit:

And for everyone that has got one in their freezer, get you camera out please and lets have a look :yes:

Edited by Roonstar

Hi all I Don't dis-believe & where i live in Norfolk there's been as many sightings as anywhere even resently in my village , but ive been driving all over East Anglia mainly at night for the the last 32yrs ( work) and ive seen many things but never any Big Cats, also ive walked my dog allover my area, where theres Forrestry land and never seen any Carcus(Kills) apart from the norm' , also like someone mentioned earlier why hasen't one ever been road killed , there not super- natural , But i heard a thing on Spring watch few months ago about Black fox's , someone had seen one and Chris Packham said he'd seen one and that there not that uncommon ( even though ive never seen one of them either in my travels) but could there sightings be Mistaken for a Big Cat ! as fox move more cat-like , what you think ? ps never seen Black Shuck either otherwise i wouldn't be here now to tell the tale Ha .

This a long topic, and haven't read it through, but I know a policeman who got a real good sight of one in Leicestershire, enough for him to make a note and report it. He was off duty jogging down a disused railway line in Shepshed.

Got into the papers....I have no reason whatsoever not to believe him.

• 2 weeks later...

kyska Posted Oct 22 2010, 03:36 PM

This a long topic, and haven't read it through, but I know a policeman who got a real good sight of one in Leicestershire, enough for him to make a note and report it. He was off duty jogging down a disused railway line in Shepshed.

Got into the papers....I have no reason whatsoever not to believe him

There has been lots of sightings in the leicestershire area over the years Melton are and Shepshed are the most, something to do with and old railway line which joins the two areas. My land owner states he has seen one and i have no reason to disagree with him.

Never seen one but have seen a few compelling photos from the following situation.

A profesional deer stalker in SW Scotland was called to deal with a road casualty about 7 years ago. When he arrived he found a fallow buck floundering at the side of the road which he dispatched. Upon closer inspection it had not been hit by a car but had been attacked by something.

It had 4 puncture wounds around its neck and large deep cuts from scratching along its shoulders and sides. Now as far as I am aware a dogs claws are blunt and wouldnt slice through skin and muscle and your average moggy would struggle with a fully grown Fallow Buck!

For all the people who say "there are definately no big cats in the UK" I have two things to say to you...

1. The world is flat

2. Man will never fly to the moon

Both have been stated by respected scientists of their time. Things change and we don't know everything yet. Far from it.

For all the people who say "there are definately no big cats in the UK" I have two things to say to you...

1. The world is flat

2. Man will never fly to the moon

Both have been stated by respected scientists of their time. Things change and we don't know everything yet. Far from it.

I think we all agree with number 1 but 2 could be a new topic as a lot of people think it was a stunt pulled by the yanks :good:

Anyway im off out to find me one of these pussys everyone is talking about :good:

Edited by Roonstar