Timid Springer?

paulos

hi, i am just wondering if anyone can offer any advice on my spaniel, hes three years old and the most timid dog i have ever seen! i take him out shooting when im on my own and he hunts and retrieves great. but he has an annoying habit of collapsing in a heap when he sees something he doesnt like, or if hes told somethoing he doesnt want to do. he even does it at the front door before he goes out, meaning he has to be picked up and dragged out of the door. i fear he may be getting too old to get him out of the habit, but if anyone can offer any advice id really appreciate it, as he drives me to my wits end sometimes!

thanks a lot!

paul

Paulos,

I dont have any good advice mate, but this post made me laugh. These Springers are tapped in the head and I think all of us have a small list things to iron out with these head bangers.

I only have to look at mine in the kitchen, and she wee's on the floor, hence new ceramic kitchen floor has been fitted.

I think the wifes been shouting at her when Amber is after a few snacks, the wife never admits it because Ive told her not to shout at the dog but she does.

Theres a few on here that will give sound advice to your problem I'm sure.

Good luck

The PM

Paulos:

About the only thing that you can do is get this dog out every where. Down to the park to watch kids playing or to sporting events, or down to the local pub and sit out on the patio. If he lays down and rolls over totally ignore him and do not let anyone pet him or talk to him, when he lays proper as someone walks buy or talks to him praise him and give him a couple of well done pats. Keep this up for as long as it takes to build his confidance up, as there is no set time.

Good Luck

NTTF