puppy unwell

Happy new year all,My 16 wk old lab pup has not been well over the last few days she has been sick quite often,i think it was due to a marrow bone she was given,any way i thought she was getting better as she held down porridge at lunch time so i gave her some scrambled eggs at 3 ish and has just coughed them up (6.30)i phoned the breeder and he suggests warm milk but i am not sure if normal milk is ok or should i use baby milk,any other suggestions would be gratefully recieved.NCS

No, not cows milk. dogs dont digest this very well. goats milk is bestbut not good for an upset tummy as its very rich.

but if he's been sick and has the runs, i'd starve him for 24 hours, and if possible give him cooled boiled water to drink. then i'd feed him rice and poultry for a day, and then the next day with same but by then start mixing his normal food in over all the meals.

if the vomitting continues even with just water, a phone call to the vet might be best in case the daft sod has swallowed something thats gotten stuck. best to be safe even if out of pocket.

i had tried to give her rice but she had refused to even look at it so gave her the scrambled eggs instead.i dont really care about the money factor i just dont want to over react to the situation but at the end of the day her welfare is paramount.

Thanks all,this is a learning curve for me more than the dog.happy new year.NCS

She is making good progress but still under weight,she spent 3 nites at the vets on a drip,and he found the problem,round worm and lots of them poor wee thing, she had been wormed by the breeder but the vet says the tablets are not as potent as the new ones out and if there is lots of pups in a kennel and they get food together out one bowl with the tablets in them then they may not get an equall amount, if you see what i mean. Thanks NCS

She is making good progress but still under weight,she spent 3 nites at the vets on a drip,and he found the problem,round worm and lots of them poor wee thing, she had been wormed by the breeder but the vet says the tablets are not as potent as the new ones out and if there is lots of pups in a kennel and they get food together out one bowl with the tablets in them then they may not get an equall amount, if you see what i mean. Thanks NCS

Glad she is making progress and your vet has sorted it for you :rolleyes:

LB

this is the stuff i use iv tryed the tabs dont find them as good but if you use this stuff mix it in really well so the food looks white and starve the dog all day and feed it at night with the panacur in there food ,by starveing the dog you are also so starveing the worms so when its feeding time the worms will be like the dog and eat the lot :sly::devil: resulting in dead worms the next day :devil: keep an eye on the dogs droppings and always look for signs of worms ,if a dog has worms they do chough them up some times ,look for signs of the dog eatting well but loseing weight and a dog that aways wants to eat unless its a lurcher like mine ..its costs about £17+ from the vets but only cost £14.00 from the farm shop and make sure you get the 10% one ...good for pups and adult dogs alike :devil: i have 5 dogs and all worm free becouse i keep on top of the problem :devil:

post-13-1137579835.jpg