Rough shooting in Lancashire

Ro1

Rough shooting days available at various locations in Lancashire, fully insured and experienced guns please.

Pheasant, duck, pigeon & woodcock.

For details please PM.

I have spoke to the lad who runs this today. I was enquiring about the pigeon shooting and he told me that he has a set of lads who deal with this for him, now I don't want to sound critical but if you are advertising pigeon shooting then you should come up with the goods when asked. He did tell me that if any did come up it would be £150 per day!! I have never heard of ROUGH shooting being so expensive, all I can say is good luck mate but you need to be a bit clearer in your post.

To be fair In The Bag I did say PM for details and I certainly didn't advertise a 'pigeon shoot' :good: ! The price is for a pheasant bag, it just happens that there are plenty of pigeon and a few woodcock to have a go at too. We only book in two guns per day and there will be a drive ot two but wouldn't want to mislead folk who might think they will just be moving from peg to peg all day as that is certainly not the case :blink: ! We have never had any complaints from guns in the past who have all enjoyed a full day out in the field along with the good banter that comes with it. Apologies for not being clearer in my original post as it was not my intention to mislead.

£150 per day :blink:

I think i'll give that a miss, little bit rich for me.

Rough shooting doesn't seem so rough nowadays.

its the difference between vermin shooting and rough shooting which is walked up game species with vermin as well. price seems reasonable

As you can see from my last post it does state "pigeon" in your post before it was edited, like I said £150 for a days pigeon shooting is expensive, but that is just my opinion if people are willing to pay that sort of money then that is up to them!

I know I listed pigeon but didn't advertise a pigeon shoot specifically, I just meant for it to show what birds would be about on a shoot day. We have released pheasant and put some ducks on the pond, plenty of pigeon about and we usually get quite a few woodcock (partridges being released at back end of season). I agree on hindsight that my post could have been misinterpreted and since you have pointed this out I have edited my original post so thankyou!

Thanks Al4x, rough shooting and vermin control are two different things and pigeon shooting definately comes under the latter in my book.

I hope I have now made my self clearer to avoid any further misunderstandings.

I know I listed pigeon but didn't advertise a pigeon shoot specifically, I just meant for it to show what birds would be about on a shoot day. We have released pheasant and put some ducks on the pond, plenty of pigeon about and we usually get quite a few woodcock (partridges being released at back end of season). I agree on hindsight that my post could have been misinterpreted and since you have pointed this out I have edited my original post so thankyou!

I don't want to get into a he said she said situation but when I spoke to Bob I specifically asked for a days pigeon shooting and he quoted £150 for the day. I hope this now puts it to bed. Thanks.

its the difference between vermin shooting and rough shooting which is walked up game species with vermin as well. price seems reasonable

Thanks for clarification but i' well aware of various types of shooting. As i said earlier a little rich for me.

My quote "Rough shooting doesn't seem so rough nowadays" was relating to price and not distinguishing between shooting "Types"

And no it was not advertised primarily as a pigeon shoot, but when asked there was no pigeon shooting available at all.

But should it become available cost will be @ £150 per day.

Not that reasonable for me.

It may be of interest to others but not me. Hopefully the above posts have cleared things up and some will be happy to get onboard.

Edited by baz

Sorry In|The Bag but there has been a definate misunderstanding somewhere along the line as we do not do pigeon days and certainly couldn't charge for them. We do all vermin control between ourselves and this is certainly not classed as 'sport'! It can now be put to bed.

Sorry In|The Bag but there has been a definate misunderstanding somewhere along the line as we do not do pigeon days and certainly couldn't charge for them. We do all vermin control between ourselves and this is certainly not classed as 'sport'! It can now be put to bed.

QUOTE (Ro1 @ Aug 9 2010, 11:40 AM)

Rough shooting days available at various locations in Lancashire, fully insured and experienced guns please.

Pheasant, duck, pigeon & woodcock.

For details please PM.

As you can see pigeon is most definitely advertised, and unless I am going senial at 33 I was offered pigeon days for £150. I think we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I am not denying that 'pigeon' was on the original post, I'm a woman and can hold my hand up and admit that I was wrong :good: with regards to the wording of it :blink:.

Don't want to fall out with anyone, what does it for some doesn't always do it for everyone. If you don't fancy it then that's fine you are all perfectly entitled to your opinions.

In The Bag - I shake your hand and agree to disagree, it wasn't me who you spoke to so I can only I can only repeat what I said earlier and clarify my position on the matter.

PaulABF - I would but not even my husband would challenge me to that, he'd get his butt kicked ???

• 2 weeks later...

you can't please averybody .I have advertised rough shooting on a site and some of the daft things folk have asked led me to edit the advert and try to explain what i class as a rough shoot. that was all game in season plus vermin and a duck flight at the end of the day then i had to add for shotgun shooting only some wanted to know if they could lamp foxes stalk dear etc .so then i added no full bore shooting at all.still the daft questions came.my point is the key words in this add are not pheasant duck pigeon woodcock but ROUGHSHOOT EXPERIECED GUNS AND PM FOR DETAILS this sort of day is the best hunting you can get especially if you are shooting over and hunting up with spaniels if you know what you want and like ,then you know the worth of the day if you don't then it's only at the end of the day you find out if it was worth it .when you have worked for whats in the bag to me its the edge over other types of shooting anyway rant over and yes this is only my opinion.atb.