Krieghoff K80 Teague chokes: need advice

sernv99

Hello

I had bought a pair of Teague Mod extended chokes for a Krieghoff K80 ProSporter. These chokes make some very nice patterns however they make the gun barrel heavy and it wears me down after a couple rounds of sporting clays. These chokes would probably make the gun more "weight even" if on 30" barrels....

Does Teague make a lighter steel extended choke? Or would I have to go to flush chokes if I wanted to stick with Teagues?

also, what is the difference between the Extended and SuperExtended, performance wise?

Thank you.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest that the difference in weight between the original chokes and extended Teagues is negligible. Are you sure there isn't another problem?

The difference in performance between extended and super extended is probably nil and anyway the super extended would be even heavier.

Vic.

Eh?

You bought a gun that weighs 8 3/4lbs and now you're saying that a couple of aftermarket chokes are 'wearing you down' because they're so heavy :lol:

You should have had your weetabix :blush:

eh, me thinks you never shot a Krieghoff. :/ ......with the Ti chokes, the gun balances at the hinge. With the Teague extended, the weight is more forward. So yeah, the gun will wear a shooter down if its barrel heavy. :hmm:

I would suggest that the difference in weight between the original chokes and extended Teagues is negligible. Are you sure there isn't another problem?

The difference in performance between extended and super extended is probably nil and anyway the super extended would be even heavier.

Vic.

is there any performance difference between the flush Teagues and the extended Teagues?

Why not put the TI chokes back in? If you feel its affecting the balance scrap the aftermarkets and go back to what the gun knows best. There are enough top shooters using them so there cant be anything wrong with them.

As for the Teagues the difference in pattern is probably negligible and not even worth worrying about.

Three shredded wheat for me this morning! :blush:

Why not put the TI chokes back in? If you feel its affecting the balance scrap the aftermarkets and go back to what the gun knows best. There are enough top shooters using them so there cant be anything wrong with them.

As for the Teagues the difference in pattern is probably negligible and not even worth worrying about.

Three shredded wheat for me this morning! :blush:

The extended Teagues I have produced some great patterns....would like to get some Teagues to shoot for a while hence why I was thinking to get the flush chokes.

If the balance of the gun has shifted marginally - we are talking minimal weight here - I haven't a clue as to why it would wear someone down. The weight difference is insufficient to cause tiredness in all but the marginally fit. I would stick with the chokes and build up your strength by doing arms curls with one extended choke. When that becomes second nature, move up to two chokes. You will get there in the end. :blush::/

This is the funniest thread I have read for a while, I sincerely hope it has some mileage.

I would really love to see someone be able to tell the difference between a pattern shot from a teague and one shot from a Kreighoff choke. If they are taht different then surely Kreighoff should be spending some of the extortionate price of their guns on developing a decent choke set. And also perhaps their guns should go on a diet, who on earth would want a gun that weights 8 3/4 pound?

I am quite sure that the odd gram difference in weight of the chokes has no bearing on the balance or the fact you are not tough enough to shoot it. Whereas I am guessing that the 8 3/4 pound gun is hard work to shoot a round of clays with, unless you are shooting DTL where you don't have to move much.

Have you thought about different cartridges through the kreighoff chokes? Be careful no to use 21 or 24 gram loads though, that will make the gun stock heavy and your arms will ache in no time.

Have you thought about a 20 bore as they will be lighter still?

This is the funniest thread I have read for a while, I sincerely hope it has some mileage.

I would really love to see someone be able to tell the difference between a pattern shot from a teague and one shot from a Kreighoff choke. If they are taht different then surely Kreighoff should be spending some of the extortionate price of their guns on developing a decent choke set. And also perhaps their guns should go on a diet, who on earth would want a gun that weights 8 3/4 pound?

I am quite sure that the odd gram difference in weight of the chokes has no bearing on the balance or the fact you are not tough enough to shoot it. Whereas I am guessing that the 8 3/4 pound gun is hard work to shoot a round of clays with, unless you are shooting DTL where you don't have to move much.

Have you thought about different cartridges through the kreighoff chokes? Be careful no to use 21 or 24 gram loads though, that will make the gun stock heavy and your arms will ache in no time.

Have you thought about a 20 bore as they will be lighter still?

don't be jealous, one day you too can afford a Krieghoff :/

my flush Teagues are arriving in a few days :blush:

Hello

I had bought a pair of Teague Mod extended chokes for a Krieghoff K80 ProSporter. These chokes make some very nice patterns however they make the gun barrel heavy and it wears me down after a couple rounds of sporting clays. These chokes would probably make the gun more "weight even" if on 30" barrels....

Does Teague make a lighter steel extended choke? Or would I have to go to flush chokes if I wanted to stick with Teagues?

also, what is the difference between the Extended and SuperExtended, performance wise?

Thank you.

your having a laugh. :lol::yes:

you can actually tell the weight difference of a couple of gramms in the chokes:hmm: :):hmm: stick some chewing gum under the stock to counter ballance it then :blush::/ or spend some more dosh on the titanium ones. :no: mind you, that could make it stock heavy :hmm::hmm: if so, move the gum to the barrel :hmm:

Must dash - just nipping out to but a new Range Rover. I will have to fully consider the impact of a full tank of fuel - it will make it tail happy and completely unbalanced. I could always put a couple of Purdeys in the front to restore the balance. Chewing gum is just too common - don't you just know. :blush::/:hmm:

Edited by Gordon R

don't be jealous, one day you too can afford a Krieghoff :/

my flush Teagues are arriving in a few days :blush:

Jealous of a Kreighoff?

That will be the day, they are the most pig ugly guns I have ever had the misfortune to see. I have heard about the function over looks argument but I wouldn't want a gun I didn't like the look of.

And as for afford one, yes you are right one day I could afford one. That could be today or tomorrow but I still wouldn't buy one.

Don't the kreighoff chokes stick out a little? so by using flush teagues you will be upsetting the dynamic balance of the gun. Always ensure you use 2 3/4" cartridges as well as the 2 1/2" will have slightly less plastic in the case.

How do you get on with the second shot? Surely it becomes even more barrel heavy once one shell is fired? Must be a real bitch of a gun to use being that sensitive. :hmm::lol::yes::no::)

Jealous of a Kreighoff?

:blush: yes you are otherwise you wouldn't be putting to good use your secretary skills typing a novel to my replies....someday your secretary pay will be able to afford a nice gun :/

That will be the day, they are the most pig ugly guns I have ever had the misfortune to see. I have heard about the function over looks argument but I wouldn't want a gun I didn't like the look of.

so let me guess, you go out shopping for a dress to put on your gun so it looks all pretty huh? :hmm: I bet you put makeup on it too :yes: Geez, do you pee sitting down too? :lol:

sernv99 - you started off badly, asking a fairly dumb question. You are compounding matters by trying to appear superior, whilst digging a bigger hole and making yourself look downright stupid. I should really say - more stupid, because you have already crossed the line.

Perhaps you could post a few pictures to quell the doubts as to whether your Krieghoff exists and is as unbalanced as you say. Perhaps a few snaps with the extended chokes and some without - delicately balanced on an appropriate fulcrum.

I expect a withering put down or at least a feeble attempt.

Just let it go.

:blink: yes you are otherwise you wouldn't be putting to good use your secretary skills typing a novel to my replies....someday your secretary pay will be able to afford a nice gun :good:

Secretarial skills no, but I am educated to a higher level than yourself. I have 2 cabinets full of nice guns thanks, and I don't whinge about any of them being heavy because of a choke.

so let me guess, you go out shopping for a dress to put on your gun so it looks all pretty huh? ??? I bet you put makeup on it too :blink: Geez, do you pee sitting down too? :blink:

Just the sort of answer I would expect from someone as ignorant as yourself, Have you been a member on here before? possibly posing as a girl called jazzie. You haven't just returned from Scotland by any chance?

I bought a Krieghoff some time ago. T-shirt it was as thats all I could afford.

Funny thing reading this post, because I couldnt get on with the T-Shirt (balance was all wrong) they had double stitched down one side of the garment and It made me walk with a 30 degree list.

I always had funny looks at the shooting ground, never really knew why. It could have been they were inquisitive as to how this chap, walking with a 30 degree list was going to shoot at clays or the fact I could only afford to shoot a Browning

Maybe if I was rich enough and bought the Krieghoff gun to go with the T-Shirt, the two balance issues would have canceled themselves out and I would have shot like a Pro :blink:

Anyway, I have sold the T-Shirt on now..............We live and learn

I bought a Krieghoff some time ago. T-shirt it was as thats all I could afford.

Funny thing reading this post, because I couldnt get on with the T-Shirt (balance was all wrong) they had double stitched down one side of the garment and It made me walk with a 30 degree list.

I always had funny looks at the shooting ground, never really knew why. It could have been they were inquisitive as to how this chap, walking with a 30 degree list was going to shoot at clays or the fact I could only afford to shoot a Browning

Maybe if I was rich enough and bought the Krieghoff gun to go with the T-Shirt, the two balance issues would have canceled themselves out and I would have shot like a Pro :blink:

Anyway, I have sold the T-Shirt on now..............We live and learn

Marcus,

I know exactly what you mean, I bought a pair of kreighoff trainers. I hadn't had them long and one of the laces broke. I was walking around in circles for days until Kreighoffs customer care centre in Mumbai sent me a new pair. Shocking to think that the little things can make so much difference.

Just the sort of answer I would expect from someone as ignorant as yourself, Have you been a member on here before? possibly posing as a girl called jazzie. You haven't just returned from Scotland by any chance?

Aww, MC got his feelings hurt :blink: Well, don't be a bitter little man, you still have your girly gun all dolled up waiting for you when you get home :good:

Dear Master sernv99,

My bank manager, in conjunction with my accountant have told me that I'm so rich that they recommend that I buy three Krieghoff K80 shotguns. When I queried this advise reminding them I already had a pair of Purdey's and a trio of Holland & Holland's (to go with the H&H Range Rover) they had a ready answer: "You're getting too big for your boots and you need to realise how poor shooters have to cope" Fair point, well made I thought ??? but why three of the things? They had an answer for that as well, "They're so ugly you'll get the first one out of it's slip, look at it and be sickened by it's appearance and immediately throw it over the first hedge. The second one will last until the 2nd to last stand of a 100 bird shoot when you'll be overcome with fatigue after dragging such an ugly heavy lump around and throw that over the nearest hedge" Still can't work out why the third one I queried? "Neither can we" they said, "but we thought you'd better keep one just in case someone comes up with a reason for having a gun that looks like a bad marriage between a cricket bat and an old sewing machine" :blink: :good:

Mr ? (I'm staying anonomous in case the troll turns nasty)