unusual or exotic pets?

aj85

That snake is a monster !!! what a beauty, i keep horses 5 of them that looks like it could eat them lol.

lol doubt he'd manage a horse although im sure he would give it a go.

heres his female, im breeding him this year....

Photo332.jpg

06122009207.jpg

will hopefully have babies for sale early next year...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never really got into the big stuff (nor hot stuff) - biggest I got to was Aspidities melanocephalus (BHP's) and Longshanks and I also had a trio of Morelia boeleni (which he even managed to keep alive).

Most of our stuff was smaller and typically we were into the different colour morphs.

During our time we bred the first albino leopard gecko's in the UK - yes got them several months before anyone else here from Ron Tremper in the US. We also bred more snow hondurans one year than everyone else in the US combined - quite a feat considering they bred them first so we were one generation behind!?

We owned some pretty rare stuff over the years especially some of the Australian **** tail geckos and Rhacodatcylus from New Caledonia. The highlight for me lizard / gecko-wise was probably the Nautilus elegans elegans (live bearing geckos from New Zealand) - I used to lay in bed at night sometimes waiting for the knock from the NZ authorities reclaiming them.

We were enthusiasts primarily and in it for the money on a secondary basis - did alright but if we'd been more business orientated with it we could have made a bomb...

Enjoy!

Never really got into the big stuff (nor hot stuff) - biggest I got to was Aspidities melanocephalus (BHP's) and Longshanks and I also had a trio of Morelia boeleni (which he even managed to keep alive).

Most of our stuff was smaller and typically we were into the different colour morphs.

During our time we bred the first albino leopard gecko's in the UK - yes got them several months before anyone else here from Ron Tremper in the US. We also bred more snow hondurans one year than everyone else in the US combined - quite a feat considering they bred them first so we were one generation behind!?

We owned some pretty rare stuff over the years especially some of the Australian **** tail geckos and Rhacodatcylus from New Caledonia. The highlight for me lizard / gecko-wise was probably the Nautilus elegans elegans (live bearing geckos from New Zealand) - I used to lay in bed at night sometimes waiting for the knock from the NZ authorities reclaiming them.

We were enthusiasts primarily and in it for the money on a secondary basis - did alright but if we'd been more business orientated with it we could have made a bomb...

Enjoy!

did you ever get to breed the boelens?

had a bit of a stint with the more fragile species when i left the army such as jacksons chamelions, and a pair of amazon basins, had a trio of the jacksoni and managed to breed with one female resulting in 16 live young but unfortunately only two made it to adulthood.

the basins did well, managed to get them feeding and growing on (they were wc and in a right state when i got them) but ended up selling as i lost my job.

have stuck to the larger more hardy species now and breed a few of them to pay for their keep.

between the reps, shooting and motorcycles i couldnt cope with some of the more difficult species.

although i would like to get a few hots one day. and maby some varanus salvator cummingi

did you ever get to breed the boelens?

had a bit of a stint with the more fragile species when i left the army such as jacksons chamelions, and a pair of amazon basins, had a trio of the jacksoni and managed to breed with one female resulting in 16 live young but unfortunately only two made it to adulthood.

the basins did well, managed to get them feeding and growing on (they were wc and in a right state when i got them) but ended up selling as i lost my job.

have stuck to the larger more hardy species now and breed a few of them to pay for their keep.

between the reps, shooting and motorcycles i couldnt cope with some of the more difficult species.

although i would like to get a few hots one day. and maby some varanus salvator cummingi

No boeleni breeding but did the BHPs.

I`ve got 3 Tarantulas.A Chilean Rose,a Red Rump and a Curly Hair. :crazy:

i have a chilean rose, an indian ornamental, a trinidad chevron and a giant white knee at the moment, did have lots more though but thinned down my collection a bit. had a few adult female red rumps and curly hairs a few years ago my aunt still has one of the curly hairs now, such a docile tarantula.

• 5 months later...

We've had stacks at one point there was over 40 snakes, 20ish corns & rats, 5 royal pythons aswel as an albino burmese python , 4 common boas and 2 argentine boas 2 brazillian rainbow boas, a few rough green snakes, 2 boscs, 4 emperors scorpions, 2 chile Rose and a red neck tarantula , 2 whites green frogs aswel 4 green anoles, 3 beardies 2 chines water dragons , chocolate millipedes , hissing cockroaches but after my parents split up alot had to go.

They're now back together and we have 2 common boas one about foot, the other about 18 inches... Gimme the big old girl any day, the little fellas a feisty boy! We have two royals that we had from a few days old a corn we sold a few years back as a hatchling and is now obese! 3 beardies still and a gorgeous yemens chameleon!

We've had stacks at one point there was over 40 snakes, 20ish corns & rats, 5 royal pythons aswel as an albino burmese python , 4 common boas and 2 argentine boas 2 brazillian rainbow boas, a few rough green snakes, 2 boscs, 4 emperors scorpions, 2 chile Rose and a red neck tarantula , 2 whites green frogs aswel 4 green anoles, 3 beardies 2 chines water dragons , chocolate millipedes , hissing cockroaches but after my parents split up alot had to go.

They're now back together and we have 2 common boas one about foot, the other about 18 inches... Gimme the big old girl any day, the little fellas a feisty boy! We have two royals that we had from a few days old a corn we sold a few years back as a hatchling and is now obese! 3 beardies still and a gorgeous yemens chameleon!

bloody hell, you had a fair few then!

i mainly keep monitors now but have anacondas, carpet pythons and snapping turtles.

We built stack after stack till the point the living room looked like a rep room with a sofa and tele! The table only came out at xmax. Absolutely love the look of the carpet pythons myself can't see the missus being keen though. I miss the Bosc's they had great characters. That anaconda of yours is a cracker too!

the green is still pretty small but can be a handful at times, yea boscs are fantastic lizards mines great, comes out for a stroll like he owns the place!

my dining room is my main rep room plus i converted the space under the stairs for the bosc, and have a carpet python above.

also have two 8x4x3 vivs in there plus a couple of 4x2x2 vivs and tanks for the snappers.

have sold a lot of my stuff as things werent looking too good at work plus we were running out of space.

i got into corn snakes when i was young (13 or so) and then people started seeing me as a rescue centre!! ha some i kept some i moved on but i have had:

snow corn

blizzard corn

western hognose

2 royals

bosc monitor (baby)

bosc monitor (big 3foot evil ***)

water dragon

2 bearded dragons

colbolt blue spider

red knee spider

chillian rose spider

emperor scorpion

snapping turtle

6 red belly piranha

1 black piranha

siamese fighter

mixed barbs

kakariki (had no beak)

3 cockerteils (all of witch i caught and rescued)

2 love birds

i loved every second of it!

john boy

Edited by rascal_2005

• 2 weeks later...