Having problems with gun fit!

gibby

cutting?

when i got my most recent gun the problem i had was bad bruising on my cheek, after seeking advice from several experianced people they told me i needed slightly more cast, but a good deal more drop and pull. however they told me that the real problem was the very steep comb (not helped by adding drop) the ideal solution was to get a gun with a flat comb, however not having any money, this was not an option, and i was not dead keen to start hacking away at the stock. but the addition of 1.5 inches of pull and about a 3/4 of an inch more drop at the comb.

however i must point out that i have very strange dimensions, sloping shoulders, long neck, long arms etc, so i do recire alot of pull and drop.

the advice i was given is not nessicarily correct, so please get some advice from some of the more experianced members here before getting someone to alter your stock.

that is if your problem is like mine.

hope you get it sorted.

Get someone who knows what they are on about to check the fit for you, the best people for this are shooting instuctors but they charge a fair bit for this service these days, 'when I were a lad' it was included in your first lesson :D

If the gun doesn't fit not only will you can hurt yourself shooting it, therefore making it an unpleasent experience but you will never get on as well as you could with one that fits you propoerly. It may have bit to do with your style as well so they can check that out at the same time...