Lurchers

game_boy

Hoping you lurcher boys can help out.

My lurcher (Irish Wolf HoundxWhippet) is 13 now and over the past year has developed a ravenous appetite for anything he can get his hands on. So much so that if the bin lid is not properly secured he'll be in that during the night taking out whatever he can find and leaving it all on the floor. Much to everyones annoyance !

The vet has done tests and to be honest not to helpful. He thought it might be something called 'cushings' desease (spelling?) Hoping you might have heard of it? But in spite of that there hasn't been any drugs forthcoming to try and curb his appetite. Obviously I appreciate that being a house dog is not going to help but if I could see that some sort of routine or different food would help then it would be alot easier.

I've tried feeding him earlier in the day but come 5pm when the dogs usually get fed he's famished again. I was wondering if there was a good dry complete food mix out there that would settle his stomach and curb his appetite ?

Also it would be great to know if you folks have experienced the same kind of problem ?

Very much appreciate your thoughts on this..

Many thanks.

LB,

Giving about 2/3 rds of a bowl. About 3 cups of food and maybe some cooked meat or mince or something with it. We've just treid some dryp food stuff but can't remember what it was called so hopefully someone can suggest a good variety. He's had tinned dog food before but we havent been feeding that to him for a while.

yeah he's 13 alright!

post-13-1136315315.jpg

LB,

Giving about 2/3 rds of a bowl. About 3 cups of food and maybe some cooked meat or mince or something with it. We've just treid some dryp food stuff but can't remember what it was called so hopefully someone can suggest a good variety. He's had tinned dog food before but we havent been feeding that to him for a while.

yeah he's 13 alright!

He looks a fit old ****** for his age :D:)

Try Burns it is all natural and may help with the apitite problem. My wifes cat was known as fat cat they hav always had food as and when they want it but the one gorged her self. They were put on burns and now she is still geting food as and when they like but she is no longer fat.

Obviousely it is a dog and not a cat but it might just be worth a try. My dogs would both raid the bin given 1/2 a chance. So I shut the kitchen door so they cant get in when I am not about.

Dave

Try feeding him twice a day and up his feed a couple of cups. My 13 year old german shorthair was the same....Asked my parents to watch him 13 and 1/2 years ago when he was 8 weeks old, still haven't managed to get him back off them :D:):) ........changed him to twice daily and raised him by a couple of cups and he has been fine since.

NTTF