In between flights.

M ROBSON

Flash,

This was an afternoon duck flight, I was out in the morning and evening after geese so I had my Ithaca Mag10 along with me, not really a Duck gun but fun non the less. I used to use this gun all the time and shot really well with it using Winchester xx lead.

Since Hevishot came along I haven't had it out much as my Xtrema is proving to be untouchable, but I fancied a change and bagged a Pinkfoot with a nice shot on evening flight with it.

Cheers,

Mark.

LB,

They are worth their weight in gold. That water is freezing cold meltwater and we often go out all day shooting morning, tide and evening flights in three different locations, so the dogs are in and out of water with a lot of sitting about in between. It's also great on those freezing mornings to stick your cold hands underneath as the heat between the dog and the coat is amazing. :lol:

I've had a velcro fastening one from Cabelas but it came off in the reedbed one evening while Finch was retrieving a goose, never to be seen again. This one is from TogsForDogs, made in the UK by the Shark group, it has zip and velcro fastening and was pretty cheap too.

Cheers,

Mark.

LB,

They are worth their weight in gold. That water is freezing cold meltwater and we often go out all day shooting morning, tide and evening flights in three different locations, so the dogs are in and out of water with a lot of sitting about in between. It's also great on those freezing mornings to stick your cold hands underneath as the heat between the dog and the coat is amazing. :wacko:

I've had a velcro fastening one from Cabelas but it came off in the reedbed one evening while Finch was retrieving a goose, never to be seen again. This one is from TogsForDogs, made in the UK by the Shark group, it has zip and velcro fastening and was pretty cheap too.

Cheers,

Mark.

Cheers Mark, I have had the lab shivering on some of my expeditions, anything that makes him more comfortable will help.

LB :thumbs: