first car

soreshoulder

hi guys coming up 17 soon so will be needing a car in the near future, ideally i would like a small 4x4 to fufill my shooting needs, I have got some cheapish quotes on jimnys but is there any other cars i would be likely to get insured on?

cheers :blush:

A Jimny is all you'll need mate, check them out on youtube :oops:

Heres mine too :oops:

post-11306-1281808591.jpg

Edited by chrispti

I was insured on a SWB 2.4l petrol Ford Maverick for less than I am on a 1.2l french box now. If you find one it may be worth a look, very thirsty but they pull well.

Same, £600 a year on my dads landy (named) and 1200 for a 1.25 fiesta (as policy holder) :good::lol:

My mates got a petrol series 3 which is 800 a year because its a classic :good:

bear in mind im going to be the main driver and if the insurance company finds out that you are infact the main driver and not your dad then they wont pay out - this is what i heard :good:

This is true.

Seriously though mate, how often are you going to be going offroad to justify the extra running cost, tax etc. of a 4x4?

You would be best off getting something like a Clio or Corsa and whacking your quad on a trailer. :good: This is also acceptable for picking up hoes and blaring out loud music in an anti-social fashion. Even better with a 'Keep Shooting' sticker on the back window. :lol:

FM :)

Learn to drive and pass your test first then worry about the vehicle everything will cost loads at 17 my cousin has just turned 18 and recently passed his test is a named driver on 110 defender hardtop (his dads) was cheaper to name him on than his mums 1.2 206 i think that was with NFU insurance but its thristy, slow and loud great off road not so good on road and he doesn't have to pay the bills. If you or your family are minted then go for it (whatever you fancy i know a 17 yr old who is named on mummy RR sport and has her own Feista for day to day use)

I got a 1.4 206 back in january, cost a grand at the time, and has cost something in the region of 500 quid to tax and get it through the mot. On the upside, I get 40+ mpg which is nice and easy on the wallet (relatively :blush: )

I can categorically say though that it is as much use as a chocolate tea pot off road though, alright in the dry, but lets face it, I live in Ireland (island of) and it's usually wet.

Insurance was in the region of 800 quid with me as a named driver, but for me it was only social and domestic use (hence my mother uses the car more than me)

I would imagine that something like a subaru justy should be nice and cheap to insure, 1.0/1.2 engine, 4wd, fairly cheap

If you're thinking about something more recent, there's always the fiat panda :lol:

Try and find your self a Clio DCI 65 had one for 4 years got when I was 17 only just sold it this year to get my pick up. The clio is only 35 pound to tax for a year also its very low insurance group so not going to cost you alot to insure also you get about 60mpg and thats putting the foot down aswell. Will save you loads of money in the long run that you can spend on guns etc.

i've got a nice 300tdi 90,all tricked up for off roading.36" tyres,rollcage,big intercooler,3" exhaust,front winch.looks a proper beast ,might even help you pull a bird aswell as a trailer.on a B plate so classic insurance and easier MOT's...........................................................................

.........................and all yours for £5000!

Daihatsu · Terios

Look em up, trust me they go anywhere a Suzuki does.

Should be a little easier on the insurance, but I'm ancient so can't really comment :hmm:

yeh we looked but they are relativley new and seem to be holding their value pretty well, not looking at spending an absolute fortune, £2000 - £ 2500

yeh we looked but they are relativley new and seem to be holding their value pretty well, not looking at spending an absolute fortune, £2000 - £ 2500

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...244er?logcode=p Rare Jap import IIRC

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...244er?logcode=p rarer import

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...244er?logcode=p Rare at that age tho

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...244er?logcode=p choice at £2k

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv.../1500?logcode=p mate had 3 in a row....good fun on wet fields