Disposing of a shotgun

kyska

Call RFD, offer it on here, ring FLO?

Yep, they are the obvious things thanks, just wondering if someone knew for certain. Its not sellable and can't even be given away. Its in a dangerous state, which can't be fixed easily and was only bought for 10's of pounds.

Will the police take in unwanted guns for destruction?

Yea, suppose, does it take the onus of the seller if that RFD sells a dangerous gun on?

If it's that bad, as some one else said they'll use it for spares/material... Once it's gone through an RFD's hands as scrap it's down to them if they tart it up and try to flog it on

:blush: Thanks all.

You know though, it makes perfect sense for the police to dispose of unwanted/dangerous (in context) firearms.

IF the gun is legit and on ticket why make more work for the police? They will (i.e. tax payer) will have to pay for it to be disposed of that means secure storage until they have enough to make a trip to where ever and dispose. RFD can legitimately strip break and put beyond repair the dangerous parts, and keep the useful bits to repair other guns, springs levers etc. You need the gun removed from certificate and need a proof of tansfer I'm sure the RFD's have process for scrapping guns and no one can sell out of proof guns. RFD's can also take in anonymous hand ins...

If you are worried about it getting back into circulation take it to a well respected RFD and ask to watch them deactivate it....

I brought and old hammer gun that I found it was out of proof, therefore I couldn't sell it.

spoke to my RFD who scrapped it free of charge

So becareful what you in the gun sale section but you can scrap it free

Edited by slated

I scraped 2 shot guns last year just removed the stocks, side locks, screws and any thing else that i wanted to keep and and and flattened the barrels in a vices and handed them and the action in to the local police and they took my sgc details and the guns end of story. :blush:

Bob.