auto cartridge choices

jimblowscash

I have just bought an auto, mainly for field but also for clay shooting, on my last outing with the gun i used gamebore white gold 8 in 28 gr, and also had gamebore xlr 7 28 gr, and a few other various 28 gr trap loads, the white gold were fine and the gun cycled them ok, but the xlr didnt and kept jamming, now i know the xrl is xrta low recoil but i figured on a gas cycling gun it wouldnt matter?? it seems that im going to be limited to expensive white gold unless anyone else has any ideas??

I have the Barretta A 304, has jamed about twice in 7 years, i clean it every now and then :*) , but it dosent seem to bother it. It has never rusted either, great work horses in my opinion. :lol:

Jimblowcash, try different trap loads and see what works best, i dont think you need to get expensive ammo just to keep it happy.

Just keep using it with 28G cartridges for a while. After about 250 shots it will free up and cycle anything.

I broke my Berretta Extrema in with some 3.5" 66G cartridges which give a hell of a recoil even through a semi. :)

Cheers

Martin

• 2 weeks later...