Zabala shotguns

caplock

Hi all

Does any body know who imports the Zabala range of guns?

Went clay shooting with a mate who has a Zabala over and under which 'exploded' at the muzzles the other day. No one hurt but put the wind up him as you can imagine. The gun is only four years old, 3" chambered O/U multichoke but unfortunately the gunshop he bought it from has closed down. There was no debris left in the tube but it has split the choke and wall of the top tube and deformed the lower tube. The chokes were screwed down tight and you can see this through the damaged portion. Stress cracks maybe??

Any help greatly appreciated. I'll try and get some pics up soon.

Cheers John.

Try their website - spanish firm but have english section.

I am sure if they were emailed with a couple of pictures and the gun serial number they will be able to help.

If you go to the product section and click on the gun model it will tell you what the gun should be proofed to.

http://www.zabalahermanos.com/introduccion.htm#inglés

Hope that helps? :lol:

I hope others will read this and be deterred from buying "cheap" guns.

Cat.

What is that avatar all i get is a white square with a red X in it :/ :( :(

You need to watch it Mike :D , it had me at first. But when I spent a while reading a post I realised it was animated. Personally I think its one of the best ani gifs i've seen. :lol:

Edited by Axe

Thanks Guy's - I don't get many compliments from forum members - this one must be a first..!!

Cat.

Not complaining cat just wondered if there was a picture in where the red X is :lol::D:/

OOP'S cat said compliments not complaints my apologies :*) :*) :*) :*) :*)

Edited by hawkeye

I hope others will read this and be deterred from buying "cheap" guns.

Cat.

Just because its cheap, does not mean it will blow up.

Look at what happend to sako and some of their rifles not so long ago,

they blew up, not just one but a few :wacko: :thumbs: and some of the folks were seriously injured :wacko: :lol:

Sako dont come cheap, thats for sure. Links below:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156955

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/vi...pic.php?t=46095

http://www.bpcr.net/site_photos/Sako-KA-BOOM/index.htm

The third link is the best info on the subject and is proof of what happened.

There was no debris left in the tube

caplock

Are you saying there was no debris in the tube prior to firing or after?........If the wad from the previous round did not exit the barrel then the gas pressures from the next can cause the barrel to explode :thumbs: .............It don't matter how much you've paid for the gun

I like most have got complacent and don't regurarly check the barrels for obstructions before loading the next shells :wacko:

Ive

Very few people check their barrels after every shot - it's simply not necessary, unless you get a "Blooper", which with modern ammo is now thankfully very rare.

(before somebody asks, a "Blooper" is where the load is faulty and fails to ignite properly, the shot trickles a few yards out of the barrel, and there's also lots of **** left in the barrel).

By far and away the most common cause of barrel obstructions for Rough Shooters, particularly when walking are blockages from mud or snow when walking uphill or crossing fences, ditches etc.

Cat.