what cartridge do you use

flash

i was wandering what other people use for pheasent and pigeon shooting as i have only used the one cartridge type through my gun and that hull high pheasent.

wandering what everyones views are on cartridges.size and weight etc of pellets

flash

Hull Special Pigeon 32g 6 shot in my auto. I've just bought a Browning 525 Advance O/U and Hull High Pheasant 30g worked a treat. I used 7's in the under barrel (1/4 choke) and 6's in the over barrel (1/2 choke) on our walked up day on Saturday and killed everything cleanly. A mate likes Winchester Game Bird 30g and I can recommend them by the amount of stuff i've seen him drop with them.

i have always used what ever i can get my hands on.

im a pretty firm believer when it comes to rough shooting, that if you put the pellets in the right place it will bring it down. if you start doubting carts your onto a looser.

i did try some number 6 hull three crown and found they took crows down very well (normally my gamebore supergame 28g 6's dont do the job)

i have also recently tried some express fibre wad 5's from LB and they seem to be a very hard hitting cart. i might have to invest in some more.

but as i said, i dont think its the cart that makes the most difference, as rifle shooters say, 'its the nut behind the bolt'

clays are a different matter, 7 1/2's or 8's no more than 28g, and must be same velocity as im used to. but clays are a less instinctive form of shooting for me.

Hull special pigeon 32g 6 fibre for ..................................pigeons ;)

Hull 3 crowns 28g fibre 7's for pheasants but they are pricey and I got dicked in the gun shop when I asked for a recomendation, so won't be getting them again.

Sporting Targets is sponsored by Hull and even though they have a price list for all brands if you choose blah blah 32g 6 fibre they just go "sorry out of those" so it is eaiser to stick to hull.

Using

12G Grand Prix HV 32g (1 1/8oz) 5 6 7 Fibre 1450FPS £150.00/1000

Jonno

They seem like expenive cartridges to use Jonno any particular reason?

May be a controversial statement, but I will make it anyway ;) a cartridge firing at those speeds without a plastic wad will result in pretty blown patterns.

i was wandering what other people use for pheasent and pigeon shooting as i have only used the one cartridge type through my gun and that hull high pheasent.

wandering what everyones views are on cartridges.size and weight etc of pellets

flash

I don't bother too much myself. I shoot 7.5 for clays and 6 for game and pigeon. I can always lay my hands on it at the local farmers shop.