Good value high seats

docholiday

I know Sportsmans gun centre gets knocked on here but I treat it like a supermarket and have always done ok there.

was in need of a couple of high seats and went to the Exeter store where I picked up two for less than £80 each. now I am sure they are made in china and you get what you pay for, but these will do the job for me as I dont have the time or inclination to build my own.

Tought it might be of intrest

cheers

doc

post-14225-1282206703.jpg

post-14225-1282206717.jpg

Like the basket :hmm:

I had a look at some yesterday and I`m tempted, but a lot of my own stalking is open fields.

Henery, I thought it was usefull for my sarnies and a little cafe noir in the colder months.

My stalking is on the ground but FAO insisted I put in high seats, so I have !!

doc

I bought some of these seats from wild-fire.co.uk, I think this is the guy that supplies them I paid £69.95 plus postage.

I have put an extra cushioned seat pad on mine and camo net round the rifle bar but apart from that they have got to be the best for the money.

Regards to All

Gamebird

I also have one and had to mod it as the seat back hits the tree prior to the retaining brackets if you fit a rachet strap you will find the back rest stops you getting it tight to the tree trunk, i had to make a 8 inch extention to the bracket plate to get over it

Yes, we found depending on the shape of the tree it fits some better than others. I also padded out the back rest and seat with roofing jablite and covered it as its both warm and waterproof.

The longer nuts in the pack do the support to the tree and the 2 arm rests where it carries the rifle rest support.

I bought 5 for my ground - after you have done one it really is a 5 minute job - I found that I had to grip the coach bolts that grip the back rest on with pliers until they bite but value for money as £69 you can't really complain. I also greased and sealed the joints to minimise any rusting -

Not bad for a bird boys - what do you think!! :hmm:

Good point, I can see what you are saying from my photo, guess a wooden block in the v of the arms would push it out enough that the back of the seat is clear

doc

That wont do doc, i had to make up a metal box section spacer and this means cutting off the V bracket and re welding them to the spacer and it needed to be 8 inch to bring the V bracket far enough past the back rest to allow for a suitable angle of rest on the tree, I also found that the change in angle made the rifle rest bar end up wrong as well so i made a new adjustable one which sits on top of the one fitted............. what looks like a good deal turned into a mornings graft in my workshop................. lucky for me i have the kit

Sorry i cant load a pic as i am at the PW limit for uploads and waiting for Cranners to re set it

Edited by pavman

Cheers for the heads up Pav

I guess the other easy option is

Find a tree that is broad enough to catch the V and push the chair further out or a narrow tree and take the back rest off. I dont have the workshop to make the adjustments myself.

Havnt tried to install them yet as my shooting partner is off shore so waiting for him to return to help

doc

Had one, seat base broke second time I sat in it. Don't even set foot on the ladder without the brace in place, I did and the it folded under me. You get what you pay for, used carefully and with a few mods it will probably do the job for a year or two.