Who has the most Irritating Accent

pavman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few accents grate on me but people (normally southern female student types) who put an upward inflection on EVERY SENTENCE so that it sounds like they're asking a question get right on my jubblies! :lol::lol:

Mark

Got to agree with this. Everybody under about 30 talks like this now. Upward inflection at the end of every sentence. Absurd :hmm:

I often say "Is that a ******* question?" but they're too stupid to understand what I'm on about. Bellends

I can't stand wigger speak either. That ***** DJ on the BBC makes me puke. What's his name - Woodward or something. White boy who wants to be a black boy and of course everybody under the age of 20 copies it, and most of them put a ******* upward inflection at the end, so you think you're being asked an unintelligible question by a Yardie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Innit :hmm:

Edited by Chard

I really hate that new inner city accent that has crept into this country in the last 10 years. It is like African English but has been adopted by whites too. Tinchy Stryder, Ali G and so called wiggers use it. Wikipedia call it Jafraican . Consists of dropped H s and sounds like you are talking through sewn up lips.

I probably am a bit vague but you oldies will have noticed this stupid accent emerging.

Its Jafaican, as in Fake Jamaican. I like it. I enjoy looking blankly as I'm spoken to in it. It is also very useful in avoiding awkward job interviews. Anyone who calls me up speaking it isn't going to get one!

Working in London it amazes me that people understand each other. As a native english speaker I figure I've halfway to understanding people with other accents who are trying to speak it. I was in a take away the other day and a guy was shouting in some african version of english at the Turk behind the counter. I had no idea what the african was on about, but the Turkish guy seemed to understand completely.

I run a business in the east end of London and almost all my indigenous white staff speak 'cockney'. Some of them say 'arks' instead of 'ask' and I can't work out where that comes from.

Bad UK accents? Black Country, Scouse & Glasgow

Nice ones - welsh, geordie

Bristolian accent is embarrasing, I can't stand it! I put a message on my phone once, listened to it then thought better of it and reset it to the factory greeting :hmm:

aye they mack me laugh them dee like dinit nar if it is embarrising though youngin.wadnt av thowt so mesel.i cant read i cant write but i drivez massy ferguson .

Brummie, Manc, Scouser and Belfast - great people, but their accent grates on me. Favourites - West country, Dorset/Hampshire, or Geordie.

Overseas - Hate the strong South African or "Way - No Way" USA college teen speak. Likes - Dutch, Greek or Southern States USA accents.

Edited by Bloke

"Being from Essex and living on the Norfolk/Suffolk boarder I have no discernable accent"

You do have an accent believe me, I was born in Essex and have lived all over the place including Spain, Italy and France. I work with South Africans, English, American, Hungarian, Spanish, French, Italians, Russians, Dutch, Danes etc etc.

Ask them if you have an accent. The most interesting thing was the Spaniards who could understand my colleague from Glasgow's English better than mine. And I had trouble understanding him most of the time. I was told earlier this week that I sound like Tommy Walsh (Direct Line advert) which was a surprise to me. :hmm:

aye they mack me laugh them dee like dinit nar if it is embarrising though youngin.wadnt av thowt so mesel.i cant read i cant write but i drivez massy ferguson .

oh'arr, was gonna take the dog for a walk but tis star tin train, may 'ave a baff instead :yes: or summat teat...i'm gurt starvin' me ol' babber :good:

Edited by ziplex

and that liverpool comedian john bishops accent is superb! cracks me up!

he used to live in our street, funny guy...

:yes::lol: :lol: :lol:

Im another one not a fan of the scouse accent. the birds look great, then they open their grids....cheese-grater.jpg

you hipicritical bum nut with yer lar de dar wirral'itis... claiming your a yorkshire puddin an all... you know you love it when im on your back seat whispering my filthy scouse sweet nothings down your ear....hahahah :good:

i understand perfectly how people can dislike the scouse accent, im a scouser and i cant stand the way some of the dopes talk...you know the kidda's with there "what lad ? yeah lad, no lad..." winds me up no end... but your tradditional scouse accent as apposed to this new is just fine.

for me, i cant stand the brummie accent.... no offense to any of you lads...it just sounds soooo booooring....