Whats the biggest fish youve caught

rigwallet

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

I ain't got a picture of it as we couldn't get it in the boat but it was a Common Skate quite a bit bigger than this one of 220 - 230lb

biggirl.jpg

that being said this is probably the best fish I've seen caught, a blue shark estimated at over 220lb (over the Irish Record) caught last year out from Cobh (Cork)by my partner

lindablue-1.jpg

Another notable fish was the new Scottish Boat record conger of 64lb that we got off my boat last year

conger64.jpg

Biggest freshwater fish is a 28lb 6oz pike from Loch Lomond.. that was awesome

Estimated 135lb cat from the ebro on half a dozen donkey choker haibut pellets. Estimated because the two blokes I was with hooked up with 100lb cats as I was landing mine, while I helped land one, my second rod went off! between the 3 of us we couldnt keep 2 rods each in the water, just catching too many fish all around the 100lb mark. Between that, the excellent meal and a few bevs that night I slept like a log! The rest of the days were not as good as that, with probably only 1 fish over 100 out each day and maybe only 3 fish each per day.

Pike 29lb 1oz Last day of year in 1989, from Dam Flask in Sheffield,I was 12yrs old and will remember that day forever :good: Had a few low end 20lb ers sinc from Lincolnshire rivers and gravel pits.

3 lb Perch river trent

5 lb zander river trent Cromwell lock near Collingham

11 lb Barbel River trent Newark First barbel I ever caught I tried to catch one for months.

23 lb Common Carp Farlows Lake

22 lb Mirror carp from local pond.

3 lb Gold Fish on a active 8 bollie. Very nice unexpected supprise :yes:

Had a few nice tench but dont remember my biggest.

Been out of the fishing scene for about 3years now I miss my pike carp fishing but im getting the bug again now. Cant wait to get bivvy out and set up on bank for some weekend sessions :good:

Tight Lines :good:

Kipper :good:

31Lb 4oz Pike caught on a float ledgered herring tail. This fish wasnt one of those fat bellied ,small headed fish you see come out of trout reservoirs. This esox was caught from a drain in the cambridgeshire fens. Beautiful fish and my p.b pike.

mobilephonepics032-1-1.jpg

nice, im still dreaming of a 30 there getting a rare old beast in yorkshire

When I was 11 (know 49) my dad caught a common skate out of tralee, 147lbs and he caught a blue shark 85 lbs of brandon head, we went out in a 26ft clinker built open boat with an english skipper, dad was given a life membership to the NFSA (national federation of sea anglers)

I hooked a 90lb skate but at 11 i was not strong enough to fight the fish so dad had to reel it in.

TEH

OK just for a change, Whats everyones most memorable fish?

For me it was my first cat from the ebro. We were staying on a boat on the river and had just got to where we would be fishing for the week. It was just getting dark and out of the darkness appeared a canoe containing a german guide we had met earlier who was with a group on the far bank (about 500m at that point). We got talking and he said, in broken english, that it was worth chucking a rod out for an hour or two off the house boat. So we tackled up as he was paddling off. Once he had disappeared we heardhis voice comeing from the darkness 'If you wait, they will come' :lol: . 15 minutes later my rod just ripped off and as I struck I could feel the power straight away, it was unlike anything I had experianced before. So the boats moving with it as im playing the fish and every now and then you could catch a glimpse of the dead trees poking up from the water, it was pretty spooky! after 5 minutes or so we got our first look at it when its head popped up next to the boat, cue mad panic from the boys who were supposed to be gloving it for me :unsure: :rolleyes: . I supose me shoting 'Glove it Mart, just glove it for god sake' didnt help. We then realised that lifting an 80lb cat 2 foot up the boat with one hand wasnt easy. Picture one bloke holding the fish, another holding him and me holding the holder while offering constructive critiscism on how they should be doing it :lol: Anyway, just the whole memory stays with me and sums up what its all about, making you feel 5 again.

• 1 month later...

My best ever Salmon, 32.5 lbs caught in 1975 on the R.Tweed from a boat, on a tube fly made from hair from my Golden Retriever 'Odin' The best damn retrieve he ever made, even if he was at home at the time. Best Wild Brownie 12lb 4oz. River Coquet 1978 on a dry fly.

Best Sea Trout 6lb 1oz on the River Till in North Northumberland 1980 again on a dry fly. I still fish but they don't seem to get that big any more, or, if they do, I'm using the wrong flies.lol.

Harry

• 2 weeks later...

19lbs salmon (river annan @hoddom )

16lbs rainbow trout (molinsburn t/f)

7lbs blue trout (swanswater t/f)

5lbs golden trout (Drummond Fish Farm, Comrie t/f)

8lbs brook trout (private water)

2lbs tiger trout (Drummond Fish Farm, Comrie t/f)

6.5lbs brown trout (Drummond Fish Farm, Comrie t/f)

4lbs wild brown trout (hill loch not telling)

6.3lbs sea trout (river annan)

22lbs pike f/c (canal)1992

Edited by hutchie the white hunter

28.5lb ghost Carp on a piece of bread and a size 8 hook, I used to pop up to my local lake on a night whilst my wife was pregnant and fish off the top so I could get a quick getaway. I saw him on the top and basically dropped my bait in front of him and that was that. :yp:

I had been there ten minutes and I left 20 minutes later with a lake record!

My lad was born the next day at a healthy 9.5lb! :D

Ive also had a 12lb Barbel and a 7lb chub on the river Swale in thirsk but I have yet to get a double figure trout or even a brown trout for that matter but if you caught what you wanted everytime it would be called catching not fishing!

thats why we keep going back!

Tight Lines all you piscatorialist's :good:

19lbs salmon (river annan @hoddom )

16lbs rainbow trout (molinsburn t/f)

7lbs blue trout (swanswater t/f)

5lbs golden trout (Drummond Fish Farm, Comrie t/f)

8lbs brook trout (private water)

2lbs tiger trout (Drummond Fish Farm, Comrie t/f)

6.5lbs brown trout (Drummond Fish Farm, Comrie t/f)

4lbs wild brown trout (hill loch not telling)

6.3lbs sea trout (river annan)

22lbs pike f/c (canal)1992

I didnt know there were so many different types of trout!

Ive only caught rainbows so far :blush:

28.5lb ghost Carp on a piece of bread and a size 8 hook, I used to pop up to my local lake on a night whilst my wife was pregnant and fish off the top so I could get a quick getaway. I saw him on the top and basically dropped my bait in front of him and that was that. :yp:

I had been there ten minutes and I left 20 minutes later with a lake record!

My lad was born the next day at a healthy 9.5lb! :D

Ive also had a 12lb Barbel and a 7lb chub on the river Swale in thirsk but I have yet to get a double figure trout or even a brown trout for that matter but if you caught what you wanted everytime it would be called catching not fishing!

thats why we keep going back!

Tight Lines all you piscatorialist's :good:

I've fished the river at Thirsk a couple of times when I was there on holiday.. Only ever caught two little brown trout.. :huh:

Robo