Whats the biggest fish youve caught

rigwallet

I've fished the river at Thirsk a couple of times when I was there on holiday.. Only ever caught two little brown trout.. :huh:

Robo

Theres one peg that is owned by the parish and if youre a resident of Topcliffe then your allowed to fish it (only in daylight hours), all the others are Barbel society and Bradford I think, all the bait ends up at this one peg and if you persevere its a winner!

I had a 9lb Barbel the same day that pulled my rod in to the water but we managed to get it back with the fish still attached, im not sure if that one counts though :lol:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres one peg that is owned by the parish and if youre a resident of Topcliffe then your allowed to fish it (only in daylight hours), all the others are Barbel society and Bradford I think, all the bait ends up at this one peg and if you persevere its a winner!

I had a 9lb Barbel the same day that pulled my rod in to the water but we managed to get it back with the fish still attached, im not sure if that one counts though :lol:

Haha, think they all count mate, just as long as you didn't use anything else (speargun, dynamite...... :P )

:D

Robo

Not mine but my brothers.

580lb Blue Marlin, caught off Gran Canaria. Several years ago.

9 foot long from tip of snout to tail.

It was on for 45 minutes.

Tagged and released.

The weight was estimated from it's measured length by the skipper against a chart.

Awesome experience.

BlueMarlin001.jpg

160 common skate -westport 1987 first trip to ireland 114-119-121-124 wels catfish in four casts (17 tons in a day best 165 to 4 of us ) ebro2009 carp of 43-34-34-33-29-27-23and 15 in a 3hr session ebro 2009 45kg mekong catfish 2011 plus 66 conger ,21 cod ,pike23 thornback 12 shore all weights in lbs

OK just for a change, Whats everyones most memorable fish?

For me it was my first cat from the ebro. We were staying on a boat on the river and had just got to where we would be fishing for the week. It was just getting dark and out of the darkness appeared a canoe containing a german guide we had met earlier who was with a group on the far bank (about 500m at that point). We got talking and he said, in broken english, that it was worth chucking a rod out for an hour or two off the house boat. So we tackled up as he was paddling off. Once he had disappeared we heardhis voice comeing from the darkness 'If you wait, they will come' :lol: . 15 minutes later my rod just ripped off and as I struck I could feel the power straight away, it was unlike anything I had experianced before. So the boats moving with it as im playing the fish and every now and then you could catch a glimpse of the dead trees poking up from the water, it was pretty spooky! after 5 minutes or so we got our first look at it when its head popped up next to the boat, cue mad panic from the boys who were supposed to be gloving it for me :unsure: :rolleyes: . I supose me shoting 'Glove it Mart, just glove it for god sake' didnt help. We then realised that lifting an 80lb cat 2 foot up the boat with one hand wasnt easy. Picture one bloke holding the fish, another holding him and me holding the holder while offering constructive critiscism on how they should be doing it :lol: Anyway, just the whole memory stays with me and sums up what its all about, making you feel 5 again.

Christmas eve afternoon about 15 years ago I was in the local pub several pints of Holsten fighting larger the wrong side of good when my fishing mate came in and said it was a perfect afternoon for a carp and as i was fairly well oiled he would help me with my tackle round the lake,

2 rods baited and cast into the lake i sat slumped in my chair when after about 15 minutes one rod took off, another 15 minutes later and a spanking mirror of just over 34lb, my p.b was being photo'd, we packed up and went back to the pub, all in all the trip lasted about 90 minutes from pub to pub

mikee

• 2 weeks later...

The angel inn have pegs available on the river for residents. Never fished it though.

51lb mirror carp (profile pic), 30lb pike (river Yare) and a few decent cod that were never weighed as we didn't have any scales on board, we were fishing off a couple of gas platforms in the southern sector north sea, they were real clonkers!

Edited by mick miller

• 3 months later...

a few nice fish stick in my mind!

the best by far was a 5 lb 10 oz perch thats 1 oz over the br but the wouldent take it as i dident have a photo of the scales!! even thou they where tested and i have a witness!

ive had 100lb plus skate

40lb conger

24lb common carp

a 14lb bass (in a gill net lol)

2, 6 lb plus wild browns for the same hill loch!

a 22lb salmon

and i helped catch a 40lb salmon with the netters in the forth!

ive got a couple of normal ones at home from a disposeable camra,

i was a utter fluke i was roach fishing and got a tiddler was realing it in about to lift it out the water and BANG big fish on i thort it was a pike at first go it on the bank and ****** me! i then put a no6 hook on and a live bait roach and got a 3.5lb one about 30 seconds later!!