webley tempest project

SPARKIE

A few weeks back i bought a old webley tempest and god ive had some fun with it. but it didnt seem very powerful. So i decided to mod it and fix it up as i was in a bad way but as i only paid £50 im not fussed.

so i got to work stripping the gun after finding the correct size pin punch and ordered a set of new seals and a new titan xs spring......firstly i nitromoors the black powder coating off as it was scuffed and polished the body on my polishing wheel.

i then checked the porting and found it to be a bit rough and not very smooth around the edges so set my dremel up and polished the gas exchange port. i then reasembled the gun and have been playing with it but its still not as good as it could be so i got to work at making some new grips i was going to make them from some walnut i had kicking about.....but then i had a brainstorm while my missus was making plaster of paris fridge magnets with my lad to see if i couls make a mold and build a set of carbon ones.....................so ive been tinkering in the shed with some carbon cloth i had left over from some mods ive done to my motorbike and come up with some grips. as i type this the grips are laquered and drying in the garage but im really happy with the results......heres some pics of the grips and gun.

the next project is toi make a new front nose cover from carbon its going to be a mean feat to mold that.

im also looking for some carbon tube to wrap the barrel in aswell

should look quite sexy when its finished.

20082010570.jpg

20082010571.jpg

Edited by SPARKIE

fancy selling it back to me ;)?:no:?:D????? :) look trick matey

i got a chrono if you need one

yes baz power can be tuned by changing to a titan xs spring the difference is noticable but i need to get it chronoed

might have to borrow that chrony marv oh and thats not yours i have 2 yours is awaiting surgery