Benelli Supersport: I couldn't resist .....

originalgeezer

Well, as the title suggests I have gone and bought a Benelli Supersport (synthetic)

Having gone a few months ago to buy my first Semi Auto with a tight budget in mind,circa up to 1k a Benelli was not really registering on my list to want, let alone a Synthetic based gun.

But I walked out with a brand new Benelli Comfort.... :)

Yet having shot it, for week after week I knew I had made the wrong choice, as I liked it so much I wished I had bought his very big brother, expensive big brother the Super Sport (which is the non wood option)

I have battled and battled telling myself I can not justify the additional expense to buy one and with the knowledge where there was one, that was second hand yet nearly as new as my Comfort I could not get the want out of my head, an itch begging me to scratch - and yesterday I gave in !

Deal done and shot with it this morning - that is drinking & food I will have to go without to afford it but hey....only here for a short time so best enjoy it ;)

After shooting this morning I believe and I am happy that I made the right choice - thanks for the previous feedback all on my previous post on the matter !!

I wished I had bought the Super Sport (which is the non wood option)

I have battled and battled telling myself I can not justify the additional expense to buy one and with the knowledge where there was one, that was second hand yet nearly as new as my Comfort I could not get the want out of my head, an itch begging me to scratch - and yesterday I gave in !

Deal done and shot with it this morning - that is drinking & food I will have to go without to afford it but hey....only here for a short time so best enjoy it :good:

After shooting this morning I believe and I am happy that I made the right choice - thanks for the previous feedback all on my previous post on the matter !!

Congratulations on the new baby - I reeeeallly want one of those !!!!!!!!!! Hopefully in about 2 months time I will have one, I shot the demo gun at Doveridge 2/52 ago - beautiful ! Once my bike sells, I am off to the gunshop :good::)

Edited by Bloke

Evil Elivs :good:

Shoulder is fine and dandy - did a fifty bird Saturday Morning and a 60 Bird today without any issue at - recoil is not an issue with the Super Sport as it runs the Comfortec system of the same as the Comfort which I had before it.

The gun handles really well, feels good and looks the Mutts Nuts :)

Bloke

I am happy I made the switch from the Comfort to the Super Sport .......

Congrats on the new purchase :good: glad you enjoy it.

I tried one and hated it, i shoot a Beretta AL391 Urika Teknys and has the opportunity to try the Benelli, the recoill hit me that hard i didn't get on the second bird of the pair... i'm not slight build either at 6' 5" and 20+ stone!

I'm guessing it really didn't fit me, glad you like yours :)

Jon.

Jon

I think that is the problem sometimes, you try a gun that doesn't fit right to you and then you will feel uncomfortable with it and not do well - for me when I first bought the Benelli Comfort I had intended to buy a Berretta Al391 or A400 but in picking them all up for fit and handling the Benelli won me over - didnt even want a Synthetic either :good:

• 4 weeks later...

Superb gun, wish you well using it. I too never thought I would ever want a synthetic stock but do I care with the Supersport? No! The lack of felt recoil is another great plus for me as I struggle with arthritis and somehow, the ported barrel seems to make a lot of difference as well - the gun gives me a lot of confidence and performs superbly all round for clays. Wish I had tried it before some earlier more expensive mistakes........ :good: I guess its about fit as well - I'm only just over 5 ft and about 10st and am astonished how a 20st guy over 6 ft could have aproblem with recoil on this gun, but fit is paramount. I do like my Beretta semis, but the Benelli outperforms them.......

Thank you for the comments, and yes it does look fantastic.

And I am still smiling inside when I take it out of the slip and see people "checking" it out with looks of admiration, those small nods of approval - yet alone the comments it has had from people saying they would like one.

Handling wise, I am relatively new as I am still less than a year into clay shooting, so my opinion, description is not that of an expert, but for me I find it handles very well.

This could probably be down to the reduced recoil which is slightly less than the comfort - that might just be in the mind - but find that on trying to get on the second bird I find it quicker (if that makes sense, as said no expert on how to describe) I also feel that I can be more precise with where I place my shot and break the clay so this could be due to a better pattern?

As said, no expert to describe and this is only the sixth gun I have ever used - two semi and the others being OU - but in short, so far I have found a lazy day shooting I have scored better than I had been if had a lazy day with the OU or Comfort - me getting better or some of it to do with the gun? Verdict still out but I love it and I am ashamed to say the Beretta hasnt been out since this Bad Boy turned up.