For all you chilli fans

soreshoulder

I cannot even go near Encona, my mate from the Bahamas got me some years ago, not for me!

I bought some Dorset Naga seeds but the plants died, was a bit too cold Oop North I think: I was going to give them my mate to get my own back :lol:

I don't see the point in eating something that chemically burns you, are you lot into S&M as well :lol::lol:

I find Encona is quite a pleasant level of heat for my taste buds. I like the whole chilli seeds in it and the flavour is quite nice to me.

It would all be pointless if you didn't like chilli though. In fact I can imagine it would be rather unpleasant! Personally I quite like the taste of chilli and I like the challenge of the burn now and again! I genuinely enjoy a good vindaloo, despite being told by several chilli haters that I must just eat it to try to look hard and prove a point?

As with all things you like I think the more you eat the more you need. I just like that burning feeling, whether I'm eating curry or drinking brandy, whiskey or even 80% polish spirit. Perhaps some of us are just a little odd?!

EDIT... Oh, and if you don't like Encona for gods sake don't eat a Naga! Seriously, it will hurt you! :lol:

Edited by njc110381

It appears to be a problem with the quoted "Scovilles" and that can be subjective. I like to use chilli oil I have made myself (and that is very much subjective to the heat of the chilli peppers I use even though they look the same) and either a chopped fresh or dried chilli (2 if a curry) and/or a chipotle if a Tex/Mex.

Smoke makes a BIG difference, if you don`t believe me try having a hot chilli or curry and then having a gulp of an Islay malt whisky ......... eye watering doesn`t come close.

I use mixed dried chilli flakes in my cooking. I used to use fresh but as Henry said, one day the curry would be mild so you'd bung a few more in the next one and lose your senses for half an hour after you've finished! The surprise is nice I guess, but sometimes I get it painfully wrong!

Anyone tried the Bhut Jolokia Chilli?

My mate has some plants and im not sure if eating one is a good idea.

I love my hot food and pour Insanity Sauce on EVERYTHING, couple of squirts in a bag of mini chedders, quite amusing when you forgot you've "laced" your chedders and you offer one to your mate who gets the sweats with a Tikka Masala!!!!

Mad dog 357 is lethal........I can't eat it and neither can anyone else who's tried it. A guy in work has had some out of the bottle and uses a touch in garlic mayo. I made my daughter two stuffed peppers using 1/2 teaspoon for both, she struggled to eat one then spent a few hours groaning afterwards. She 'likes' hot stuff but this is too much for her and she sticks to Encona type sauces now. Hard to understand how anyone could enjoy such searing heat in their mouth :good: