New Winchester

robc89

Speak to consumer direct as per the link in HDAV's post. They will advise you on EXACTLY where you stand and what you have to do to uphold your end of the legal side of things. They will also take the case forward to trading standards on your behalf should things go that far.

I have unfortunately had course to use them in the past and found that simply mentioning they are involved seemed to speed things up.

As said everything must be done in writing via recorded delivery. Telphone calls count for nothing from a legal point of view.

Dropped the gun off at my RFD on friday, Browning are paying to pick it up and they are gonna replace the stock. Im also trying to wangle a gel recoil pad for it.

Hopefully will come back quite soon hassel free. Thanks for all the advice guys and all the links, if things dont work out hassel free they will come in handy!

Will update hopefully when it comes back.

Cheers

Rob

Don't be too put off Rob. Like anything the odd bad one sneaks through quality control. I've had a Select for about 18months now just as a clay gun. Put thousands of cartridges through it and it is still like the day I bought it. It is one of the best guns out there for the money.

• 3 weeks later...

Rite guys bit of advice needed again. I went to the RFD to pick the new gun up yday and I unwrapped it and put it together. I was opening and closing the action and checking it over for a good 2-3 mins when i noticed a mark in the exact same posistion. It looked like a scratch or the begining of a crack. Even the rfd said it didnt look to good so I decided to leave the gun and speak to browning before accepting it because i dont think i should take the gun if it may crack again.

It didnt fill me with confidence when i saw it and now im wondering wether i want to have a winchester.

Am i being too fussy and should just take the gun in the hope it doesnt break or should i stand my ground and ask for a different gun or my money back?

Its just with the pheasant season upon us soon i dont want to have the hassel of maybe changing my main gun because the mark has turned in to a crack.

Cheers guys

Edited by robc89

Theres obviously a problem at the wood machining end for two stocks to have identical flaws.Possible the wood is being put under stress on the lathe while being milled.

On a side note-if you know,how similiar are the serial numbers on both guns? If they're very close it could be perhaps an operator error in that he/she hasnt taken enough care while milling.If they're miles apart then theres could be a real problem with them all.

Spoke to the guys at browning, They are swapping it for the Winchester English Field. I made up my mind I didnt want another select light, Maybe should of asked for a refund and bought a browning or berretta but I cant be dealing withe hassel.

Hopefully will have the new gun by next week, just hoping its as good as he says it is.....