zeroing in a little shakey

percypigeonshooter

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect but if that was a freestanding group at 80yrds with a 10/22....i'd be very surprised but hey if it was you should be a MC sniper! :good:

I am with you Gixer

find it difficult to see this being free shooting at claimed 150 yds if it is then should apply for job as sniper, as it is very good shooting. and well done

doc

I am with you Gixer

find it difficult to see this being free shooting at claimed 150 yds if it is then should apply for job as sniper, as it is very good shooting. and well done

doc

cheers lads yes it was free standing put the jeep in to try and show the distance ile check the distance its just wot my frend said

few people say this is good but im keep practision id be over the moon to hit a match head at this distance but im going to keep trying to get evey shot in the circle first

cheers lads yes it was free standing put the jeep in to try and show the distance ile check the distance its just wot my frend said

few people say this is good but im keep practision id be over the moon to hit a match head at this distance but im going to keep trying to get evey shot in the circle first

If you start hitting match heads at 150metres ! Ring this number 0884 296 734. Its the olympic coach for small bore rifle .He might just want a word with you. :good:

1.3 inches at 150yards with a .22lr?! :good: Sorry but even with the gun in a clamp i doubt it would be much less than .80 inches. That is excellent shooting mate :yes: and i'd like to witness anyone do any better at that distance freestanding with a .22lr. :good: I know for a fact theres noone at any of my clubs, myself included that could do better.

Mark

Hey Guys, let's cut Percypigeonshoot a bit of slack here! He has said that the distance was estimated by a friend and not by him, could it be a bit of a misunderstanding and that it was more like 150 feet? That would be my estimation looking at the photo but even then it is hard to judge as a photo can throw things right out of perspective.

The grouping looks quite reasonable, in fact good for free standing with a 10/22 at about 50 yards which, if I am right about the distance and the look of the photo is about right!

All I can say to Percypigeonshoot is the next time you are out doing a bit of target practice/plinking/zeroing try pacing out the distance - As long as your paces are reasonably large then you can estimate it at about 1 yard to each pace! Bare in mind that 150 yards is a heck of a long way when you think that a cricket pitch is only 22 yards so 150 yards would be a bit longer than 7 cricket pitches put end to end!

Please note that I have emphasised the word ESTIMATE - This is only a rough guide so don't go shooting me down for trying to help guys!

1.3 inches at 150yards with a .22lr?! ;) Sorry but even with the gun in a clamp i doubt it would be much less than .80 inches. That is excellent shooting mate :yes: and i'd like to witness anyone do any better at that distance freestanding with a .22lr. :good: I know for a fact theres noone at any of my clubs, myself included that could do better.

Mark

cheers mate wish i could prove it to eveyone but i dont think thats poss im going to try and measure it at about 6pm just got my tape measure 10 m(33ft)=11yards

i know its def over a hundred yards ile put measurements on latter :lol: if this is right im going to be doing cart wheels :yes :good::yes:

a 1" group at 50 yards with a 10/22, this is still a feat that i would like to see, as you say it may be misunderstanding...

c'mon guys are you saying you can put in a 1" group free standing (meaning no rest at all) with a ruger 10/22?

even some really fancy volq barrelled 10/22's are only 3/4" from rest/bipod at 75-100 yards...

Edited by gixer1

a 1" group at 50 yards with a 10/22, this is still a feat that i would like to see, as you say it may be misunderstanding...

c'mon guys are you saying you can put in a 1" group free standing (meaning no rest at all) with a ruger 10/22?

even some really fancy volq barrelled 10/22's are only 3/4" from rest/bipod at 75-100 yards...

Yes all day long,

There is a huge difference with a .22 between 50 and 100 yards.

But you could easily do 3/4" rested at 100 yards in the right conditions, I suggest that the owners of the really fancy tricked up Rugers are classic examples of all the gear and no idea.

Yes all day long,

There is a huge difference with a .22 between 50 and 100 yards.

But you could easily do 3/4" rested at 100 yards in the right conditions, I suggest that the owners of the really fancy tricked up Rugers are classic examples of all the gear and no idea.

MC - read the post, i am saying the volq barrels are doing 3/4" with a rest at 75-100... which is why i doubt the group size would only increase 0.5" when free standing with what is assumed to be a standard 10/22....

bare in mind a cloverleaf would still potentially be just under a 1/4" group!

This is not saying the guy is telling porkies...just that there must be some info misunderstood...

Doc - i'm with you, freestanding with a 16" barrel cz can be difficult! and they are very light...

Edited by gixer1

cheers mate wish i could prove it to eveyone but i dont think thats poss im going to try and measure it at about 6pm just got my tape measure 10 m(33ft)=11yards

i know its def over a hundred yards ile put measurements on latter :hmm: if this is right im going to be doing cart wheels :yes :blink: :stupid:

hi jst got back in boys i measured it and it is 77 yards had another go at it its hard holding your breth trying to shoot free

standing youz should give it a try i think ile stick to resting on sumit got 2 bunnies 1 in the head&1 in the body and three rats

post-21992-1283285215.jpg

post-21992-1283285224.jpg

hi jst got back in boys i measured it and it is 77 yards had another go at it its hard holding your breth trying to shoot free

standing youz should give it a try i think ile stick to resting on sumit got 2 bunnies 1 in the head&1 in the body and three rats

77 yards does sound more like a realistic distance according to what it looks like from the photo as opposed to 150 yards mate. Even so that group in the original photo is an excellent group for that range for free standing with a 10/22 at 77 yards.

On the photos that you have just put up what distance was it to the target on the red background and what size of "dot" is it on the target and were the shots taken free standing or resting please?

As for sticking to resting on something whenever possible you will find that your shooting will be much more accurate that way as opposed to free standing, even if it is a gate or fence post! I am guessing from the amount of posts that you have credited to you that you are new on the forum and that maybe you are new to rifle shooting - If I am right you will find that this forum is a mine of information and help that will help you to improve on your shooting techniques if you care to ask!

Enjoy your shooting!

p.s. Are those couple of bunnies your first kills of live quarry? If they are well done!!!!!

77 yards does sound more like a realistic distance according to what it looks like from the photo as opposed to 150 yards mate. Even so that group in the original photo is an excellent group for that range for free standing with a 10/22 at 77 yards.

On the photos that you have just put up what distance was it to the target on the red background and what size of "dot" is it on the target and were the shots taken free standing or resting please?

As for sticking to resting on something whenever possible you will find that your shooting will be much more accurate that way as opposed to free standing, even if it is a gate or fence post! I am guessing from the amount of posts that you have credited to you that you are new on the forum and that maybe you are new to rifle shooting - If I am right you will find that this forum is a mine of information and help that will help you to improve on your shooting techniques if you care to ask!

Enjoy your shooting!

p.s. Are those couple of bunnies your first kills of live quarry? If they are well done!!!!!

free standing,77 yards 5p had to try it again

• 1 month later...