Rolex Watches

Doc Holliday

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just sold my rolex submaria paid £3550 2yrs ago.

anyway i had to sell as i needed the money,and sold it for £3050 to a dealer.

he has it on his shelf selling for £3800 which what the retail price was 2yrs ago.

was told rolex always keep around there price,if you can afford it buy a rolex daytona stainless steel.

ade :rolleyes:

Personally I wouldnt touch a Tag. I got one for my 21st and the minute hand fell off after a year. Six months later the hour hand fell off. I then got a full refund.

My mate has one which has done exactly the same as well as a few other problems.

If you'd read the booklet you would have seen that they are not to be worn whilst watching babe station.

Got my Omega Speedmaster Chrono as a wedding present from the missus 25 years ago, beautiful, never misses a beat and outlasted the missus!!

The service fee of £120 every couple of years is a bit of a bitch though, but I love it as much now as the day I got it.

Where do you get it serviced? I have an Omega Speedmaster 'Moon Watch', I bought about 18 years ago. It needs a service and I've had various quotes between £320 and £400.

Main delaer is best for servicing, £350.00 was what i was charged last year for a service on my bi sub date. Had it 19 yrs and they "recommended" a bracelet exchange, £1,800 rather than £2,300!!!!!. er no thanks. So and so's didn't polish the bracelet as they should have done, sid they couldn't risk it!.

I also own a Breitling Chrono Avenger which needs a service and i am bricking it.

To give you an idea of how much they appreciate, we paid £2,800 for mine in 1992, to replace now would be £6,800.

Lastly, is really is down to the individual. Be it Timex, Tissot, Omega or Rolex, it's what you like and what they mean to you.

My daughter bought me a G Shock ( well mum did as she is 6) and i love wearing it and she loves me to wear it.

I don't service mine now after having got my Brietling serviced and having a bill that was greater than the service on my Range Rover. :no:

I also don't trust the waterproofing as it is the seals that tend to go first and if you don't have them serviced every year then they don't guarantee the waterproof.

So the principle I work to is:

1) Don't service

2) Don't swim/dive in them

3) Pay to fix them if they break

Otherwise leave alone.

I have had my Breitling for 46 yrs - When I had it I didn't realise what I had got - it was on my wrist day in day out and never serviced - when Seiko came out with a automatic watch I bought one as Breitling is wind up and anyway it lost time big time so it sat in draw for 30 yrs - 6 yrs ago I sent it here http://www.chealwatch.com/

They cleaned it up and oiled it and regulated it - it now keeps perfect time and a pleasure to wear again - they do not repair them or replace seals and this is stated -- cost me around £80 - I got a new bracelet and I am chuffed with it.

Dave

Where do you get it serviced? I have an Omega Speedmaster 'Moon Watch', I bought about 18 years ago. It needs a service and I've had various quotes between £320 and £400.

Michlmayr in Norwich, he's a second generation swiss trained watchmaker and Omega registered. Can't say I like the bloke particularly but can't fault the work. Should say £120 is basic price before he'll touch it, and he usually finds something wrong with it. Mine hasn't been done for a couple of years, so i can't guarantee that price, although I seem to remember he charges the same for all watches.

http://www.michlmayr.com

Edited by JR1960

Sad thing is, that is probably the most accurate watch on this thread :lol:

worn G-Shocks since my dive days back home, early 80's, great watch, solid and take a good kicking, picked up a GW7900B-1 in August whilst home, wear it daily for work, though the autolight function bugs the **** out of me, will have to read the distructions for deactivating.

still a good workhorse.

Martin.

My daughter bought me a Casio Waveceptor a few Christmases ago, and, because it automatically adjusts itself to the NPL radio signal it is always right to the second - except when the battery needs replacing.

The last time that that happened was when I was on holiday on the Cote d'Azur, and whilst the battery was easily (if expensively) replaced, the horloger did not know how to reset the time (and I had left the manual at home) so I spent the rest of the holiday with my time being 3hrs 37mins adrift.

Fortunately my mobile phone kept good time