head torch

big bad lindz

Hi, :good:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask you all but I would like to see the light.

I am looking for a new head torch an LED both with a red light and white light

this for avoiding rabbit holes and fences etc when heading to and from the foreshore

early doors and in the evening.

The torch I have used is a older type of head torch which uses a large battery and is rather heavy.

I am sure that I will be illuminated by all your answers.

Thanks,

BBL

Hi Bud, The simplest light ive used was from Aldi, a cap with built in led peak and is great while out lamping for climbing over fences and picking up quarry £3.99 But the best ive got for a head lamp is from a company advertised as LED LENSER they make many lamps to suit each style of hobby from pothole to climbing ! these head lamps have adjustable beams etc, retail average £30 up over :good:

I have one of the cheap Energizer ones bought from Argos for about £8 and it's fine for shutting up the chickens at night but for shooting I use a LED LENSER H7 bought from Tools4Trade for £30 (though they are over £50 on there now). The H7 is great, comfortable to wear for long periods, batteries last ages and it's bright enough to use for spotting rabbits at night... I just have to remember to turn it off before bringing the gun up (gun has an Ultrafire WF-501B on it.)

I mainly use it when lamping from a 4x4 for picking up...works a treat.

It's worth checking out Alpkit's headtorch, for £12.50 it's a steal.

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target...category_id=253

Have had one for climbing/winter mountainering for the last 3 years or so and it's stood up to a decent amount of abuse. Has one big(ish) LED with two power levels and then smaller white, red and green LED's for close up work, night stuff and reading OS maps at night respectively (contour lines dont show up under red light!). Takes 3 AAA batteries and has a reasonable battery life.

Ashley

I would recomend this bit of kit 100%

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target...category_id=253

someone told me about them around 10 months ago, working nights in the underground tunnels we normally have large heavy cumbersom lights, sometimes more trouble than they are worth, these headtorches are light and last forever, can be a little mind numming to set the LED's up as theres so many combinations you can have on the front torch, but read the instructions and it'll make sense

they also have a red flashing light on rear, good for your mates to see you, either in a tunnel or field, cheap, inc a battery and if I remember, it was free delivery too, around a couple of days to recieve my order :yes::):good:

just noticed post above :angry:

Edited by stubby