100+ on Drilled Rape Seed

Evil Elvis

:yes: Just had a cracking day out over drilled rape seed. DangerousDave got to the shoot very early and had shot a few and placed them in cradles.Bagsy and i arrived and Dave had to Shoot off for a few hours, we set our hide under some trees which is always a good flight line (under the trees where I was visited by the plod) This was the area before it was cut:see below:

37623_10150223745760251_657535250_13608071_5703296_n.jpg

We set up the hide wrapped around the base of the tree and set a pattern out at the side of both oak trees:

hied.jpg

Using a mixture of shot birds in cradles and shells, no twirler or bouncers....................

patterndg.jpg

they came in in dribs and drabs all morning, it took Bagsey a while to learn to wait for them to come right in but after a couple of hours he was on fire, he did at least 5 birds without a miss, i think the most I did was 7. Most of bagsy's misses were miss fires....bloody hatsans........ I had several left and rights but failed to manage a triple. :good:

meinaction.jpg

By the time Bagsy had to go home 3pm we had 81 birds, he left and Dave returned and we steadily increased the tally. Birds dissappearing for 10 mins, then loads appearing from no-where all at once.

We had a number of Ferals, jackdaws and crows for a total tally of 133 and a very enjoyable day it was!!!

meandpigeons.jpgdangerousdave.jpg

just finished freezing the meat down.....Im bloody shatterred!! :hmm:

Edited by Evil Elvis

:good: Yeah turned out to be a Browning Gold hunter, 3" chambers.Very heavy but low recoil and well balanced once brought up!!! Been using it with full choke and as you can see, it works well!! :yes:

There is only 129 there... hmm1.gif

DangerousDave got hungry and ate several for lunch sushi styleeee :hmm:

Edited by Evil Elvis