"Dispatching" Charlie in a Cage trap!

Frenchieboy

:lol: Keep 'em coming mate, most of the people posting negative comments shoot live prey at one time ot another which makes them HYPOCTRITES in my book. :yes:

There is only one person that really has an opinion that counts in this, the site owner, only he can really decide wether he wants the material linked to here, and by linked to, the mmaterial isnt really on PW, its on youtube where if you type in shooting foxes you'll find loads of videos, some with airguns, some with centrefires....

but very few as swift and humane as your one.................

BUT if he decides that it is not a suitable link, then the whole forum "shooting videos" will need to be removed, there are a lot of videos of all kinds of animals being dispatched in all manners of ways. Especially pigeons: Pigeons + fox = Vermin....I cant quantify any difference in my head. ???

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have now missed a very clean instant kill of a fox. No mess, blood, thrashing around. Thut and collapse. Maybe you should watch it before making your judgement. Thats all I will say. :lol:???

And an own goal. Anti's will be rubbing their hands. There's a huge difference between pictures of dead foxes and footage of one being killed however humane.

I haven't a problem with dispatch of foxes. I do it all the time at distance and thoroughly enjoy it. I also like to see it done and no doubt I would have been the first to congratulate the OP with a clean humane kill, face to face. What I do have a problem with is, in the current political climate, providing hostile organisations such as LACS & Co and them Animal Aid morons who release non native species back into the wild with the ammunition, publicly available, to throw mud at us.

Frenchieboy, it may be a mountain out of a molehill but the above could use it to build that mountain. Yes I'd expect to see pictures and video's of animals being shot on a shooting forum. BUT it's not on one is it?? As I said, I've enjoyed your other vids and yes they're killing poor widdle wabbits but rabbits do huge damage to crops, damage to livestock through injury, etc. This is undeniable even I think by anti's and they'd be on a hiding to nothing to argue against it.

EE No we're not hypocrites (glad you can spell it :yes: ). More like realists that want to keep our shooting with a minimum of interference from those that would have it removed or further restricted. They come at us plenty without us providing them with more.

is it not a bit strange videoing everything :D

Of course it isn't :rolleyes:

It's a personal record for the future and a reference for those who wish to learn.

It's also an additional thread to the core sport in much the same way that relooading is, for example.

With stupid ill thought out comments like this we wouldn't have a forum to share information on because some idiot might be offended with its content or consider it strange :P

lads i go on alot of hunting sites, dont leave this well run site get like the thl (bickering) frenchie simply showed this video showing you how to dispatch a fox the right way ***, if i was a mod on here i would end this thread asap simple as :D

Not really sure that anyone is bickering Poacher. It's obviously and emotive subject and so far the discussion is a pretty civilised exchange of views.

EE No we're not hypocrites (glad you can spell it yes.gif ). More like realists that want to keep our shooting with a minimum of interference from those that would have it removed or further restricted.

I have to be honest....I spell checked it :D I think theres a very fine line between the difference..............

I don't see why it should be an issue posting a video of a caged Fox being shot? We do it. We don't deny doing it. How exactly is it so bad? Ok most of us should know how to do it but all the same, most of us should know how to shoot Pigeons over decoys or lamp Rabbits? It's something that could be of interest to some members so if you don't like it then don't watch it. If you don't like it but still watch it then don't moan about it because it's your own fault! :D

i have just watched the video and nothing untoward has been done a nice clean out right kill no suffering what so ever the animal was not distressed in anyway .unlike when you watch the RSPCA on TV 15 mins filming there caged foxes 3-4 mins trying to snare it in a noose then squashing it into a cat box .nice work frenchi hold your head high very good footage of how a fox should be dispatched . :D

well ive just watched the video and all i can say is well done frenchie.

the job was done in a very humane and professional manner , the fox was in no distress and its end was instant and painless .

you did it the way it should be done frenchie , the antis wont like it but then again they like nothing that we do anyway so its no great loss , on the other hand it may just have educated someone with very little knowledge on the way these things are done.

well done mate :D

it was an ok post by Frenchie, but its a shame he ie getting ripped for it.

He isn't getting ripped for it, I enjoy Frenchie videos and write ups as much as everybody else,this is a forum for people with similar interests but differing opinions and that's why its as good as it is, I just have no interest in watching a caged animal been shot and put forward my opinion on that if we didn't we wouldn't have a forum and I would have to talk to the Mrs all night!

No offence was meant.

That was clean and instant.

And a very respectable way to go for Charlie.

I watched a Video the other day of farmed animals being head bolted and pithed, it turned my stomach but I can't criticise it because I eat animals, and to criticise it would make me a hypocrite.

You seem very professional FB.. :D

The only thing i would worry about for frenchie is that if he lives in bacup like his forum says, I think (I may be wrong).. he would come under lancashire feo, who do not grant 17hmr for fox control. :D

Seth, I'm sorry but I'm past bothering to argue any of these points any more on this thread and I do not wish to offend anyone but in reply to your post please can I politely refer you to my post which answers a question or two from "Harv" which can be found on page 1 of this thread (The 15th entry as you go down the page) and is in the second paragraph where I have quoted word for word from my FAC.

To all the people saying this video is wrong, i think that fox was a little too tame and was probably best of being shot. The vixen wasn't backing away, trembling or thrashing about. It was not stressed and frenchieboy approached slowly and took swift action. If you notice too it look to be early in the morning which displays sensibility on frenchieboys part that he is checking the trap first thing in the morning. As with all of his videos i found this rather intersesting and in no way has frenchieboy put himself, anyone else in danger or broke the law. If your upset by this video dont watch it as frenchieboy warned

This picture comes to mind

duty_calls.png

Rant over! :D

Edited by Brad93

Seth, I'm sorry but I'm past bothering to argue any of these points any more on this thread and I do not wish to offend anyone but in reply to your post please can I politely refer you to my post which answers a question or two from "Harv" which can be found on page 1 of this thread (The 15th entry as you go down the page) and is in the second paragraph where I have quoted word for word from my FAC.

If you rung lancashire feo tomorow and asked can you shoot fox with a 17 hmr the answer would be no,i know from havin the conversation.