Women and shooting

starlight32

Bit of a random one this, but how many members wives/girlfriends/other partners shoot?

I would do apoll, but I always seem to mess it up.

I know there are probably many guys who would rather their partners dont shoot for various reasons...............But to be honest I think it would be good to see more women out there shooting. My missus shoots, and to be honest it is a happy medium having a common interest.

I was thinking the other day that I need to get more women into wildfowling and might try and get something moving in my club. We have no female members whatsoever.

Lets face it, when standing in dyke you can always do with some more company could'nt you?

Bit of a random one this, but how many members wives/girlfriends/other partners shoot?

I would do apoll, but I always seem to mess it up.

I know there are probably many guys who would rather their partners dont shoot for various reasons...............But to be honest I think it would be good to see more women out there shooting. My missus shoots, and to be honest it is a happy medium having a common interest.

I was thinking the other day that I need to get more women into wildfowling and might try and get something moving in my club. We have no female members whatsoever.

Lets face it, when standing in dyke you can always do with some more company could'nt you?

my other half has sgc and 2 20b shotguns and likes to come out every now and again.

the current one doesnt shoot but is starting to show an interest, even helping me pick out a new shotgun :lol: shes a bit squemish but i might buy an air rifle and see if she takes to it ???

two of my previous ones were into guns, though not hunting - one was a cop, one night i dropped my wallet in the car and when i reached down for it i picked up a glock ??? the other one was from latvia, and ill tell you nothing quite bruises your ego like your gf telling you that your .22lr's a bit small ???, as that the first gun she was taught to strip and shoot was an AK47! :yes:???

???

the current one doesnt shoot but is starting to show an interest, even helping me pick out a new shotgun :lol: shes a bit squemish but i might buy an air rifle and see if she takes to it ???

two of my previous ones were into guns, though not hunting - one was a cop, one night i dropped my wallet in the car and when i reached down for it i picked up a glock ??? the other one was from latvia, and ill tell you nothing quite bruises your ego like your gf telling you that your .22lr's a bit small :beer:, as that the first gun she was taught to strip and shoot was an AK47! :yes:???

???

???:beer: that must make you feel less like a man.

I have taken a couple of my ex's shooting before but neither of them really took to it. Might try it with the current one, although I think she wouldn't be too keen in killing anything.

?????? that must make you feel less like a man.

I have taken a couple of my ex's shooting before but neither of them really took to it. Might try it with the current one, although I think she wouldn't be too keen in killing anything.

:lol:???

i didnt feel right again til i went out after wild boar in -15 degree bear/wolf infested forests, armed only with an old baikal, 4 solid slug shells and a knife... :yes:

??? ??? :beer:

How many wives girlfriends shoot? Well firstly my wife hasn't got any girlfriends but I try to encourage it so I can watch.

Lorraine has better rifles than me and can shoot better than I can. Fortunately I lamp better than she can so she does the bunnies. I let her lamp for me on a fox though.

As a reward I allow her to gut and prepare the rabbits and hares and give her the privilege of gralloching, skinning and butchering the deer.

I'm a thoroughly nice man where that's concerned.

BUT

Back to the rifles. The rather big hazard of getting the OH into shooting is that they end up with the Riflecrafted or Hydrographiced Remy 700's (.223 and .243) and you end up with the Howas and Parker Hales. Oh, and they let you reload for them as well.

Another one who just does the clays, but not the ruff or wildfowling.

Both SGC's have all the guns as shared as well.

I insisted on seperate cabinets , just as well because mines now filled to capacity(3 shotties , 2 rimmys and I just got my variation back for an underlever and LBR all in a Brattonsound RD5) 'SHE' has 2 rimmys also and we both do L.S.R at club plus I do clays whenever possible as she's not interested in shotties :lol: .

atvb

sg1

PS: I thought this was the 'off topic' forum talking about stuff other than shooting?? :yes:

mine doesnt mind being lamper occasionally ,

the scarry thing is that now im into rifles she enjoys (and is quiet good :lol: ) at target shooting with the 22lr

she says it doesnt hurt like a shotgun and didnt know it was such fun ??? ??? its amazing how silly little picture drawn onto ply sheets can amuse someone ???

its not a problem to me because im making the most of her silence :yes: whilst pricing up 2 other guns hmr and 243 . the excuse is she will like the longer range at targets so i need them !!

adi

None of my previous partners enjoyed shooting, but my current girlfriend has been to the clay's with me and seems to enjoy it, she shoots my 20 bore and also 21g shells through my 12, only thing i'm worried about is she has the potential to be be a much better shot than me, really has stated dusting a lot of stuff on the skeet range!!

only thing i'm worried about is she has the potential to be be a much better shot than me, really has stated dusting a lot of stuff on the skeet range!!

Noooooooooo. She can be as better a shot as she wants. What you're really worried about is her wanting her own (top of the range) stuff thus eating in to your shotgun buying fund.

Once you've given in there's the other things to worry about.

I'm orft shooting with the lads dear.

Wait for me I'm coming as well

I'm orft out shooting with the lads.

But I don't want to go shooting today, I thought we'd .............

My other lf has a left master eye and she's right handed. That makes it tough for her to shoot with my shotguns and she's not really keen enough to work around the problem. They recoil a bit much for her too.

With a rifle though she's quite good. Something a lot of the lads found out when we were paintballing! She didn't fire many balls but got a lot of kills! If I club shot more I think she may get into it. I hunt though and she's a veggie so not much is going to happen there.

Missus used to shoot .22 in the cadets and was good, she has been to the clays a few times with and enjoyed it, trying to get her to go a bit more by getting her some of her own kit, ear defenders etc. Would like to get her a gun but she has expensive tastes....

Shooting, in pretty much all forms is male dominated, but there are a decent number of women/girls, and several in my rifle club.

All credit to them and generally they can shoot ******g well, actually embarrassingly well usually, so much so I am reluctant to get down in the lane next to them sometimes!

Not quite so many I know out on the rough but a healthy number on the clays as well!! :D

my wife has been out lamping with me and has shot rabbits. she also comes clay shooting as she has an sgc but no shotgun as yet(she uses my .410 for clays!!!)

but here is the best bit, the other day someone made me an offer for my airmarms tdr, which i dont really use as much anymore. when the wife found out she told me not to sell it!!!!!

Well my Mrs and shooting, thats a story in its self!

She grew up being able to shoot an old springer with her dad at tin cans with iron sights and liked that. Her dad clay shoots and very well so she used to go and mark / button for him. Me and her met and so me and her dad started shooting a little together so she then wanted to join in so we bought her a new 20b pb silver pig which she loved but didnt stick with it much then sold it. Then she wanted a semi in 20b so we got her that and again interest has dwindled. She has her own SGC and is showing some more interest again but to shoot light loads in a 12b o/u and skeet not sporting. But also we went one day to a hft course with the air arms s410 and she enjoyed that but it was along way to travel !

Unfortunatly though she is veggi, very squeamish and cant bear the thought of anything being killed let alone seeing it or whitnessing it happen or dead things afterwards ! Which is a crying shame as our terrier comes shooting all the time and she would love to come beating but is put off by the killing and dead things being around. She also doesnt like it when i go out shooting or lamping. But bless her she doesnt stop me doing it and I respect that me doing it is something she offen struggles with.

:hmm:

Well my Mrs and shooting, thats a story in its self!

She grew up being able to shoot an old springer with her dad at tin cans with iron sights and liked that. Her dad clay shoots and very well so she used to go and mark / button for him. Me and her met and so me and her dad started shooting a little together so she then wanted to join in so we bought her a new 20b pb silver pig which she loved but didnt stick with it much then sold it. Then she wanted a semi in 20b so we got her that and again interest has dwindled. She has her own SGC and is showing some more interest again but to shoot light loads in a 12b o/u and skeet not sporting. But also we went one day to a hft course with the air arms s410 and she enjoyed that but it was along way to travel !

Unfortunatly though she is veggi, very squeamish and cant bear the thought of anything being killed let alone seeing it or whitnessing it happen or dead things afterwards ! Which is a crying shame as our terrier comes shooting all the time and she would love to come beating but is put off by the killing and dead things being around. She also doesnt like it when i go out shooting or lamping. But bless her she doesnt stop me doing it and I respect that me doing it is something she offen struggles with.

:hmm:

My missus likes doing clays, but same as you, she is a veggie and refuses to have anything to do with shooting live quarry. Doesn't stop me hanging game in the garage though where she invariably walks into it! She's never tried to stop me shotting though.

AB

My missus likes doing clays, but same as you, she is a veggie and refuses to have anything to do with shooting live quarry. Doesn't stop me hanging game in the garage though where she invariably walks into it! She's never tried to stop me shotting though.

AB

ditto the above! luckily, i dont have the cost of clays though..my wife just shoots pictures of people she doesnt like(havent seen one of me quite yet!lol) :hmm: