Webbers Wagon

webber

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link to Britpart; sadly they don't offer the part I'm looking for.

I've been in contact with Craddocks who advertised the panel that I'm looking for.

They advise that they bought a quantity of the panels as a production over run. The one advertised on ebygumbay was the last one.

It looks like my days in the tin bashing shop when I was an apprentice are going to come in handy now.

webber

Try YM or ashtree ..........

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought a Lightforce remote handle from a fellow PW member; a week or so later, I won a used Lightforce lamp on ebygumbay. My intention was to shelve them ready to fit to webbes wagon:

However; webbers annual trip to Scotland is fast approaching, and the bunnies (if there are any) are going to buy it!

I therefore decided to lash something up to make use of the remote lamping kit. I considered a few options, the first being to make a fitting to fasten to the roof bar, but the problem associated with being able to open the door when fitted was too much bother to solve, given that I will probably only use the set up a few times, as I hope that webbers wagon will be finished for the 2012 trip.

I therefore started to look at options associated with the sun roof opening. I considered a number of possible options, all over engineered for the job in hand, so I decided to keep it simple. A piece of plywood caught my attention, so that was it, saw, drill, holesaw, pencil, stepladders, and wingman.

Plan A soon turned to plan C, and I blame webberswingman for allowing me to stick the rubber strips in the wrong place, so I let him stick them in the right place.

I need to make a few special bolts to clamp the sheet down to the inside of the sun roof, and we will be ready for a test.

Before anyone starts posting, I know that its as rough as a bears bum, but its not intended for permanent fixture or use on the road, and the bunnies won't mind.

webber

Not hard to do just look at the proper light force lamp fitting it is hinged,

so you could have it on your roof rack and when you want to open the door just lift it and it hinges back onto the roof.. :good:

Not hard to do just look at the proper light force lamp fitting it is hinged,

so you could have it on your roof rack and when you want to open the door just lift it and it hinges back onto the roof.. :good:

I did have a look at the hinged version with a view to fastening it to one of the roof bars, but decided to do a quick and cheerful job. As it is, I've not finished even the lash up, so I'll be going to Scotland on Saturday minus the Lighforce lamp. I'll manage as I have in years gone by with the Clulite held out of the sun roof.

At least the Rangie aircon and climate control have been fixed, and for the first time in 6 years, the cruise control is working. The quad bike also needed a bit of work, so those jobs took priority over the Lightforce lash up. Hopefully webbers wagon will be finished for next years trip, and the lamp properly fitted where it belongs.

webber