fishy smell

darren m

my springer bitch keeps letting off some kind of really strong fishy smell , done it half a dozen times now .

what the heck is it :blink: :lol:

is this a scent gland smell or anal or vulva :lol: , all looks ok nothing swollen or leaking :lol:

my springer gets the same, yep its a blocked anal gland so the vets tells me. Very very fishy

Merlot had a check up a few weeks back and I said hes been itching his back end a bit. Turns out his glands needed doing and the smell in the vet room was terrible!!

He then told me it was something that some dogs need doing regularly and I could do it if i wanted to. You can imagine my reply to which he then informed me the nurses can do it for free at the practise. Thank God

sounds great ! Do you only need to do it when you can smell fish ?Can't believe the amount of birds ive been with that must have had blocked anal glands!

rubbing their backside on the ground I believe is a sign as well, there is a piece in the Shooting times with instructions on how to as well.

As for fishy birds Carlos thats what you get for hunting them in Stevenage :hmm: