Anyone in Aberdeenshire?

jayscott

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone in Aberdeenshire fancied meeting up? haven't had a lot of luck with the pigeons this summer and being relatively new to it was wondering if anyone fancied a shooting partner for a day? Have a few fields of winter rape on my land authority that will be sprouting in a couple weeks so would be willing to swap a day on that and also a nice discount at my local gun store :blush:

Or if anyone can reccomend a good guide for a day?

Cheers,

Jay

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone in Aberdeenshire fancied meeting up? haven't had a lot of luck with the pigeons this summer and being relatively new to it was wondering if anyone fancied a shooting partner for a day? Have a few fields of winter rape on my land authority that will be sprouting in a couple weeks so would be willing to swap a day on that and also a nice discount at my local gun store :blush:

Or if anyone can reccomend a good guide for a day?

Cheers,

Jay

aberdeenshire is a big place, where abouts are you?

i shoot for a couple of farmers up there on the odd occasion i vist (every winter) they would more than likely let you have ago, could give you directions if your near enough!?

or keep in touch and i will meet you in january when i pop up!

I live in Inverurie... your quite right should have been a bit more specific :blush: well i dont really want to intrude in your own ground TJ91, would be quite happy to meet up in January i'm sure i would have a few fields to share with you too.... a couple parks of mine are usually full of Greylags in January if you fancied it ?

Jay

Yup, I'm in Aberdeen city. Not been shooting much since Kingscliff closed down and I seriously need the practice!

Anyone know of a clay ground nearer than Dundee?

try aucterhouse just on the outskirts of dundee ,

aye its a shame about kingscliff i used to shoot there when iam up goose shooting

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm just up the road from you in Fyvie, i'm pretty new to shooting (originally a falconer) but i've started to get a few places to shoot round here, (Colpy, Huntly, Turriff, Rothie and Meldrum) and my mate has quite a bit of ground all over, he's happy for you to join us whenever!

James

• 2 years later...

Aberdeen area....great place for clays and rough shooting.

We lived in Oldmeldrum from 81 to 86 and had some good times, met some good people at the clays and pigeons.

Inverurie Gun Club for DTL, Lower Deeside GC & Fyvie GC for Sporting and the real stuff, pigeons, around Oldmeldrum.

We miss that life very much.