CZ452 Synthetic Stock

RossM

Having read all the topics on here about rimfires recently I have decided that upon successful application for my FAC I fancy a CZ452 Style with the synthetic stock. I have read reports that the barrell touches down the right hand side therefore the stock needs a bit of tinkering to achieve a true floating barrel. Is it as simple to sand the synthetic stock as it would be to sand the wooden one. What material is the synthetic stock exactly?

Having read all the topics on here about rimfires recently I have decided that upon successful application for my FAC I fancy a CZ452 Style with the synthetic stock. I have read reports that the barrell touches down the right hand side therefore the stock needs a bit of tinkering to achieve a true floating barrel. Is it as simple to sand the synthetic stock as it would be to sand the wooden one. What material is the synthetic stock exactly?

Becarefull, dont fix something if its not broken. :o

Try it out first and if it groups well, leave it well alone, thats my opinion, iv also learnt this from experience. :lol:;)

I'm with Frank (not in the biblical sense you understand :devil: )

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"

I have my doubts as to whether there is any gain floating rimfire barrels, and just because everyone does it, doesn't mean it needs doing BTW :sly:

As to what the synthetic material is , all I can say is is very soft plastic, there are no strands of glass in like a Tikka T3 stock for example, so if you did decide to have go all you would need is a stanley knife and lot of care...

Another way to float the barrel is to leave the stock alone and raise the action slightly, you can do that with thin washers, but you may need to get a slightly longer srcew for the front of the action. Have a look at eric Brookes site in the States I am sure he does a kit for that.

Couple of links to look at Ross

<<<<<<<<<<< Glass Bedding>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<Bedding products>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mate of mine bought a Howa thumhole Varmint and had to do some serious work on the stock before it was usable. Very poor quality

The barrel touch all the way down the right and the left had a bigger gap than a Land Rover Defender body panel :devil::devil::sly::devil:

Jonno

Edited by jonno 357

had a bigger gap than a Land Rover Defender body panel :)  :lol:  :devil:  :)

Jonno

CHRIST that IS big :sly::devil:

Tis true

I think it was once said, when BMW took over r-OVER. The MD said something like

You can see two things from space

One is the Great Wall of China the other is the gap in a Land Rover body panel

He didn't mention Howa rifles at the time :devil::devil:

Jonno

Tis true

He didn't mention Howa rifles at the time :lol:  :lol:

Jonno

Maybe both the Landies and the Great wall had fallen down the gap up the side of the Howa barrel???

Tis true

He didn't mention Howa rifles at the time :lol:  :lol:

Jonno

Maybe both the Landies and the Great wall had fallen down the gap up the side of the Howa barrel???

:lol::D:lol:

I have put a variation in for a 25-06 and quite like the Howa in the JRS Classic

Jonno