Any views on a 20 bore Bettinsoli

AdamW

Guy's,

I know you will say this is a bad idea, but..

I want to get the wife into shooting and a 20 bore seems a good bet, plus I can use it for game shooting as well! so it another toy for me!

so, are Bettinsoli guns any good? I have seen a picture of one and it looks nice, good wood etc

Adam

Ive got a bettinsoli 12b,so when i decided to get a 20b a couple of weeks ago i thought i'd have a look at one.To be honest it was horrible didn't mount very well and the wood wasn't to good.Ended up getting a franchi harrier 28'' mc lovely gun i would highly reccomend one :lol:

adam

I had a look and the bettinsoli but didnt like the heavy gloss varnish which i thought made it look cheap , its was also a bit on the heavy side . but seemed a sound gun

# Rob

have been looking around for a franchi 20b for my 13 year old son to start on clays , he's been using the club beratta 626 , but i like the look of the franchi ,and its another gmk brand (same as beretta and lanber) how light is it ?, is yours a 28 m/c , its either that or a whitewing beretta . The only thing that has made me stutter is the resale value , andy

Guy's,

I know you will say this is a bad idea, but..

I want to get the wife into shooting and a 20 bore seems a good bet, plus I can use it for game shooting as well! so it another toy for me!

so, are Bettinsoli guns any good? I have seen a picture of one and it looks nice, good wood etc

Adam

Adam,

I went through the same scenario last month and bought a David Nickerson (Midland) 20b 28" o/u multichoke. I can highly recommend them.

It is a really good little gun with decent wood (now the varnish has been stripped off - see seperate thread) and the quality of the metal is better than some more expensive guns I have seen.

With a leather recoil pad it now fits me as well, so I will taking out from time to time as well :lol: