tay wildfowling

micky1987

Kent might be good mangers of their own marshes , but they should stick to them instead of stealing other wildfowlers marshes. As for the RSPB leasing wildfowling to clubs , it works very well on a number of marshes , yes there are restrictions , better that than some land grabbing group of wildfowlers from another part of the country 150 miles away dictating what goes on on other fowlers grounds. I am no lover of the RSPB , but better the enemy you know that the viper within.

Having lost most of their own geese through over shooting in the inland areas behind the sea wall and short stopping in Holland , Kent seem to be wanting to expand their empire at the cost of other wildfowlers. They have put back wildfowling unity 50 years and the officers concerned should consider their position on the WHT. The whole idea of the WHT is to help clubs buy their own shooting with Kents Members on the WHT Kent WA will get to know what is available and they have the money to outbid most clubs as their track record shows.

I would not dream of going to buying a marsh in Kent as I have no right to take the shooting away from the guys who live there and yet they seem to think they have the right to buy up shooting where ever it is in the country. One of their officers describes his own actions as being arrogant and says he will buy what ever marshes suit Kent WA busness plan. In many parts of the country wildfowling clubs cooperate and if one club enters the bidding proccess they let the other clubs in the area know and they agree not to enter the bidding.

What Kent WA is doing is unacceptable to all real wildfowlers and raises the possibility in the future of one or two super clubs controling all the coastal shooting in the country .

Edited by anser2

Back to the start of all this was a question about wildfowling on the Tay. why have we gone down to Kent?

So another question about the Tay. Is there any access to the uper reaches of the river Tay nearer Perth and are there any

wildfowl to be had. I know of the east of Scotland wildfowling club but does it cover this area.

Cheers, BBL

You could give these guys a shout..........www.tvwa.co.uk

Edited by mr smith

• 4 years later...

I might be a little bit late on replying to this thread..

But does anyone use sneak boats around that area? Port allen looks like a fine place to launch.

You will need to be very careful on the Tay in a boat, Id suggest a boat of a minimum of 14' and 15hp at least. It's a dangerous river.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's an old topic, but leave the boats to the locals who know the water. Tides, deep mud and rough water, can all result in a fatal accident.

Don't let anyone charge you to shoot on the Tay, as they are only low life scum. I've stayed on the Tay estuary all my life and it's free. Speak to the locals as they are friendly and will point you in the right direction, free of charge.

• 3 weeks later...

That's exactly how it should be Invicta, I've lost count of the amount of fellow fowlers I've shown the ropes on the river in the last 20 years. I took a lot out for the TVWA in the 90's, now it's mainly friends.

Unfortunately a few of the locals still resent the idea of visiting fowlers on their patch and I still get the odd remark for showing them the way........ :-(