Braintree, Essex - rabbit control

Baldrick

*** PLEASE DISREGARD - OFFER NO LONGER AVAILABLE ***

I intend to give up the permission I hold for rabbit control over a 250-acre arable farm near Braintree, Essex. The farm is owned by my boss. I have shot it for 2 years, taking a bag of approximately 2,000 rabbits in 2008-09 and 1,600 rabbits in 2009-10. It's a cracking permission, one that I am sorry to walk away from.

I have been asked by the farm manager to recommend a reliable and safe FAC holder to take on the responsibility. The permission is for rabbit control only, using rimfires and/or FAC air only, for one individual only. You must be local to Braintree. You will need your own 4x4 on AT tyres. There are a lots of houses bordering the land, and there is a history of problems with difficult neighbours complaining about legitimate pest-control activities. You will be expected to visit at least once per week, preferably twice or more. Your reasonable ammunition and fuel costs will be paid by the owner, once you've proved you meet the criteria of safe, reliable and consistently useful. As this farm is part of a larger farming business, a good service from you may open up permission on the owner's other farms (and other farms that I manage), where there are less restrictions.

Genuine enquiries welcome. Time-wasters, please look elsewhere. If you fit the bill, both the farm manager and I will want to speak to you.

Edited by Baldrick