Firefox Blocking Pigeon Watch

Maidment78

Morning,

Just logged on as part of my morning ritual and the screen showed red saying that Pigeon Watch Forums was an attack page and had been found to host malware from a pirate site called blamesllek.com (do not visit this site as it will not do you any long term favours!) and I should not eneter the site.

Anyone else have this show up? bit worrying for this time of the day and put me off my toast,,,,

I had something like this come up yesterday (Evening) while I was logging on to check a PM. My PC asked if I wanted to allow it to run the program so as I did not recognise it I said "No" and cancelled the program - It sounds like I did the right thing. I didn't think any more of it until you posted this up. Well done for bringing it to members attention!

What is the current listing status for forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 47 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2010-09-15, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-09-15.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including blamesllek.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS24940 (HETZNER).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.

* If you are the owner of this website, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Centre.

I got the same last night my security system moved whatever it was to the "vault" this is the message from vault details/ all seems OK now and a full Scan revealed nothing

KW

"Detection name";"May be infected by unknown virus Win32/DH.CAFF840097"

Last night I got a pop up window saying thanks for requesting to install windows media player do you want to continue, I closed the box I'm not sure what would have happened if I had pressed 'next' tab!

This morning I got the big red warning box like everyone else.

Mods need to check the site in case anything has been downloaded on the site either on purpose or inocently not realising the file contains a virus; It's easily done especially when adding pictures, files or videos from the net.